Advice on where to drive to in Cinque Terre ,parking there & where to stay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Renting villa near Siena ( Sovicille) for month of Oct 2012. Will be driving to Cinque Terre and spending one to 2 nights. Plan to do some hiking along the trails, ride the train if we get tired of walking & tour the villages if time permits. Will need parking for two cars and 2 single rooms plus 2-3 double rooms. Can anyone recommend which town to drive to, where to park, which town to overnite in and B&B or hotel to stay at. Would love to have ocean view if possible but understand this might be too expensive. Probably looking for rooms in the range of 75 to 150 euros.
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 07:10 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Monterrosso has a large parking lot so look there.
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 07:12 AM

We stayed in Riomaggiori for 2 nights at the end of September last year. They did have parking available for us at the top of town, but we had to drive down to the office to check in, leave our bags, then back up to the parking place. It was fun making a 3 pt turn-around on a narrow, tourist clogged street, and there was one "leap of faith" spot on the drive down where it looks like you are driving off into space, but the adventure was well worth it.

We made reservations through Expedia with Apartmenti e Camere Edi - It was about $130/night. Parking was an additional 10euro/day, and that was paid separately. I think they are also on Venere.com They handle several rooms/apts in town.

We stayed in Apartment L’Agave which was a studio "located in the marina of Riomaggiore, composed by a double bed, cooking facilities, bathroom with shower and beautiful seaview from the windows." The reception is located in Via Colombo, 111.

It was SPLENDID!!!!! The views were among the best we've ever had anywhere. I wish we'd stayed three nights.
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Since we have the villa we can leave most of our clothes there and travel with only what we need for Cinque Terre in daypacks. We're all in pretty good shape so are prepared to walk into town from parking lot on the outskirts if necessary...hills and all. Will check out your recommendations on where to stay for sure. Any recommendations on B&B's in Monterosso?
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 07:36 AM

[email protected] That is the direct email to "Edi" no need to go through hotels.com or expedia, whatever (I knew I'd find it if I kept looking)

Monterosso has a nice beach. I would happily stay there, too. But I've not got any recommendations. I'd share my pics, but unfortunately Kodak was just bought by Shutterfly and I need to sort out the sharing deal there. (There is a hotel complex there that looks pleasant.) It is really hard to beat Cinque Terre for views and cheerfulness. We liked it a thousand times more than the Amalfi Coast.