Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Advice on rooms at Esperas? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/advice-on-rooms-at-esperas-658754/)

abigailm Nov 14th, 2006 07:58 AM

Advice on rooms at Esperas?

We've decided on Esperas for our trip to Santorini next summer ... Can anyone tell me if the difference between the studio rooms and traditional houses is worth the extra money (Trad house is 40 euro more)? Is there a difference views? Privacy? Huge difference in size? Are there specific rooms in either category anyone could recommend?

Thanks!

Trish Nov 15th, 2006 01:15 PM

In 2002 I stayed at Esperas for two nights. I stayed in a studio and loved it, there was pvt balcony with outdoor furniture. The studio was built on two levels with a kitchen/eating area downstairs, upstairs we had a bedroom and bathroom, there was window upstairs beside the bed with a beautiful view. My husband and I could have stayed forever. My Dad and brother were in a traditional house. It had two balconys one on each level and both pvt. There was a bedroom upstairs in their loft (steep stairs like a ladder) and downstairs there was either a pullout or a bed I can't remember. There house was larger but ours was cuter.

Trish Nov 15th, 2006 01:20 PM

On my VT pages I have some pics from Esperas if you want to see the them. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/4a4b1/66852/

yestravel Nov 21st, 2006 03:10 PM

We stayed in a cute Studio, room 119. It was not really large, but considering that we didn't spend a lot of time indoors, it was fine. It had a queen bed, a small table and chairs with a small kitchenette to the side. There was also a trunk with a small TV on it. There was a nice sized window that we could look out from our bed and gaze at the beautiful view. The bathroom was actually larger in comparison to the size of the room. We did have a tiny patio and for that reason I would not recommend that studio. Our studio was down towards the lower part of the hill so we did have privacy and we had a beautiful view. I think the studios are scattered throughout the hillside so I imagine they are all different with differing degrees of privacy and views. I would not recommend #110 as far as privacy goes. Their patio sits sort of in the walkway and people are constantly going right by it. I would email with Yvonne at Esperas and explain what you are looking for. She is very good to deal with. Also the website shows rooms and the room we had was on the website so we knew what it was like. It didn't show the patio or I may have asked for another room. Overall Esperas is a beautiful place. Have a great trip!

yestravel Nov 21st, 2006 03:21 PM

oops that would be studio room #19 not 119

Carley Nov 21st, 2006 06:51 PM

We just got back from staying at Esperas in mid October. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay even though the weather for part of our stay was not that great. It poured rain one day so hard the rain came in our door. Thank goodness we didn't have anything lying on the floor. We were in room 107 if I remember correctly. It was a studio with the kitchen area on the first floor and our bedroom and bathroom on the second. We had a lovely balcony overlooking the sea. Sounds very similar to Trish's. Our friends were down the hill a bit and their room was all on one floor and they had a nice balcony also. Don't think any room would have a bad view. The breakfasts were wonderful and we really enjoyed the yoghurt and honey. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. If you need any more info please ask. To answer your question about size. If the weather is good you aren't spending much time in the room so don't need anything big. That being said since we didn't have the greatest weather I would have liked a bit more room. Hope this helps.

Jackie Nov 26th, 2006 02:43 PM

I was at Esperas in Sept in one of the traditional homes. It was 2 BRs, 1.5 baths, and 2 large balconies. I think the most important thing would be having a somewhat private balcony. Walking down to our room we passed 1 or 2 places where the balconies were more out in the open. Since we spent a fair amount of time drinking wine and enjoying the sunsets from the balcony, I'm glad we had the privacy.