Advice on Paris Airport to Hotel

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on Paris Airport to Hotel

Hi,

I have never travelled to Paris before so i hope you can help. We are staying at the Sublim Eiffel Hotel and travelling into Paris Airport

Would it be cheaper and quicker to get the shuttle train from the airport to Paris Gard Du Nord (eurostar) then from their get a taxi to the hotel or am I adding time onto my journey?

Your feedback would be really appreciated

Thanks

Rachel
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 10:12 AM

Yes. Take the train and then get a taxi. You will save a lot of money.
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 10:23 AM

http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/c_22211/roissybus/

Or take the Roissy Airport bus to Opera and get a taxi from there - a bit easier to access the airport bus than the RER station IME. Well just an option. And Gare du Nord can be hectic - often long lines for taxis IME.
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 10:38 AM

But depending on where you need to go, aside from the RER B there could be the Air France buses (www.lescarsairfrance.com/en.html - four different lines going different routes, no need to have flown Air France),>

see another current thread where someone offered this as a possibility as well.
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 10:42 AM

Which airport? There are three, Charles de Gaulle, Orly, and Beauvais. The above information applies only to CDG.
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 11:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Your metro station is Sèvres-Lecourbe. Your cheapest option is of course the RER for 9.50€ which requires one or more transfers in the metro (included in the ticket fare). If you are comfortable with urban transportation, you would find it quite simple.

Another possibility would be to take the Air France bus to the Arc de Triomphe and then take the metro from Charles de Gaulle-Etoile to Sèvres-Lecourbe, which is a direct ride on line 6.

Naturally a taxi is also a possibility for about 50-60€ but if ever you are traveling alone, it is quite expensive.

Frankly, your hotel is not in a very convenient location for any sight in Paris other than the Eiffel Tower. You will have to take the metro or a bus to most of the other places that you might want to visit.
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all, Charles Des Gaulle is where we are flying into
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 12:03 PM

I think it depends on how much luggage you all have - some of those metro changes can involve long walks thru at times very crowded tunnels - especially week days at rush hours.

I'd seriously think about kerouac's option of air bus to Etoile and then direct metro from there to station near your hotel.

Transferring from RER to metro at Gare du Nord can be IME especially hectic and perplexing to folks not familiar with the system. but again it can depend on how much luggage your are hauling around.
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 12:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
How many people? Are you looking for the fastest option, the cheapest one, or the least confusing for a Paris newbie?

Add up the fares of the multiple steps, consider the 'schlep' factor and decide what it would be worth to you to have door-to-door transport after a flight.

I agree that the transfer from train to metro at du Nord is confusing, especially for someone who's never been to Paris. If you arrive at du Nord at rush hour (morning or evening) and/or it's raining, the queue for taxis can be long. Traffic from du Nord to your hotel will likely be heavy, and the fare could easily tick up to 30EUR or more depending on conditions.

I agree with Kerouac that your hotel isn't close to the main sights of Paris. Was there a particular reason you chose this one? I hope your room isn't on the street side because I think there will be noise from the metro which is elevated/above ground across the street.
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 02:16 PM

The Air France coaches also go to Montparnasse which takes you a lot closer to the hotel. You can take cab from there.