I will be spending the first few days of my Italy trip in early October in Venice with my fiancé. We are both 25 in case anyone was wondering, so we don't mind a faster-paced itinerary.
Can anyone offer advice on the itinerary below? Based on the activities I mentioned, what would be the best grouping based on location? As my itinerary is now, it seems like I'm all over the place and I'm not sure how long it actually takes to get from neighborhood to neighborhood (or how to get from place to place.)
Any tips on the best time of day to do certain things (St. Marks basilica I heard is best in the morning for example)? I probably won't do all of the things mentioned, and will want time to relax, etc. but I just like to have a plan in case so I know what my options are.
Also, the train station into and out of Venice is Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia, not Venezia Mestre right?
Thanks in advance!
Train Milan to Venice - arrive around 3 and check into hotel Palazzo Paruta (San Marco)
Buy cell phone/SIM card and get euros
Ride the No 1 (45min) or No 2 (25min) vaporetto the length of the Grand Canal (San Marco?)
Dinner: Osteria Antico Giardinetto (San Polo)
Secret Itineraries tour 9:55 (or 11:35) (San Marco)
Lunch: Arte della Pizza (Cannaregio)
Free tour 3-6 (Cannaregio)
Dinner: La Zucca (San Polo)
Dueling bands at St Mark’s Square in evening (San Marco)
Rialto Market 7:30am (San Polo)
St. Marks Basilica (San Marco)
Lunch: Pontini (Cannaregio)
Real Venetian Kayak 2 hrs (Cannaregio)
Campanile San Marco for the view - is evening less crowded? (San Marco)
Cichetti at Cantinone Gia' Schiavi &/or Osteria Al Squero (Dorsoduro)
Dinner: Osteria Alla Staffa (Castello)
Bar - El Rofolo (Castello)
Day 4 Leave for Rome
Morning: Ca Rezzonico palazzo at 10 (Dorsoduro)
Check out of hotel
Train to Rome at ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 안전한 놀이터 찾는법 ▼ 접속 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 3 안전놀이터주소 ● 연결 : pwn22.com.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 4 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 7 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 10 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 Driving
- 15 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 16 GTG Paris December 2017
- 17 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 20 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 21 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 22 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 23 Poland--where else to go
- 24 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 25 5 days in Andalusia