I am over 45 and have had a fantastic experience using hostels in Prague and Vienna. Never thought they would be so great (check out Mosaic Hostel in Prague). I have read conflicting views on Istanbul hostels in hostelworld.com. Was anyone there recently who can recommend shared female dorm situations? I am going this week. I am also weighing doing it on my own vs. paying $1100 for a group tour. If i want to stay for 4 or 5 days, what are the must -do's for a few days in istanbul and one or more other locations? Any tour company recommendations? Thanks!! ps- what is the next cheap destination one can get to from there..it looks like Sofia is close and thought there might be a cheap ferry option...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My France Vacation
- 2 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 3 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 4 Iceland driving in March
- 5 Malaga Christmas lights
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 8 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 9 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 10 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 13 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 14 Is it hard to find a job in Nikolaev, Ukraine?
- 15 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 16 London vacation rental agency
- 17 Greece during Easter week or August
- 18 Northern Spain road trip
- 19 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 20 Help with Spain itinerary
- 21 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 22 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 23 Where to stay in Naples?
- 24 Driving
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid