Two friends and I are planning to travel Europe for a month in May. We have most of our itinerary planned out but are stuck between two places for our last destination. Edinburgh and San Sebastian. I know they couldn't be anymore different so the decision is difficult, but any clarity would be fantastic. We are 20 years old and are looking for fun, high energy places but at the same time want to cross those cities of our bucket lists that have amazed us for so many years.
Here is what intrigues us about each:
we would love to go surfing while in Europe and have learned that the waves here are pretty great. The city center looks extremely interesting and its proximity to a fantastic beach excites us. Pinxtos looks amazing and we have heard the nightlife is quite good. My only worry is that we are also visiting corfu, Ibiza and Barcelona, all being major beach areas I don't want our trip to kind of blur into one.
We went to Ireland on a rugby tour a few years ago and fell in love and Edinburgh, from what Ive heard, has somewhat of a similar vibe. I am in love with cobble stone and castles so not only does the city interest me but to get into the highlands as well would be a delight. It would add some diversity to our trip. We are flying into London so it is not too far off our route. My two friends worry that there isn't much to entertain us in the city. I feel the opposite.
If anyone could shed any light on the two destinations that would be great. Personal experiences, or research you have done would be extremely helpful.
Thank you all
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 4 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 5 Once upon a time in Italy
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 8 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 9 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 10 beware of robbed in Milan
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 22 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 23 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 24 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga