My sig other and I (30s, adventurous, foodies) have cobbled together the following itinerary for our 4 fun filled days in Provence in mid-September. Please let me know your thoughts! I'm bad at narrowing things down, and while I would rather include more options then less (if we get to the first village that day and decide to stay there and skip all the rest, I'm fine with it), let me know if there is anything you think I can drop if this itinerary is completely undoable. Or if there are any swaps/trades we should do.
Thursday - Nice to Provence
Leave Nice at 1pm and drive from Nice to Le Mas d'Aigret in Les Baux de Provence, stopping at Fayence, Chateaudouble, Tourtour, and Cotignac
Friday - explore Les Baux and St. Remy
Morning: visit the Château des Baux, the town, and Carrieres Lumieres
Afternoon and Evening: Visit Saint-Rémy-de-Provence and St Paul de Mausole
Saturday - Aix-en-Provence & Cassis
Sunday - Many a village/town
Morning: Market at Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
Afternoon/Evening: wander around and explore Roussillon, Lourmarin, Gordes, Lacoste, Bonnieux, Ménerbes, Saignon, Goult
Monday - leave hotel and visit one or two last villages (maybe Apt and Cucuron) before driving back to Nice to arrive by 1pm
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 2 Barcelona to Malaga
- 3 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 4 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 5 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 6 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 7 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 8 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 9 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 10 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 11 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 12 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 13 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 14 Moscow Hotels
- 15 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 16 Packing Champagne
- 17 Manchester hotels
- 18 Visit to France
- 19 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 22 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 23 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 24 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 25 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren