My husband and I are planning an 8 day trip in late September/early October. We have both spent extensive time in London but my husband has never been anywhere else in the UK (I have, but a LONG time ago). I would like to give him a flavor of what else the country has to offer and don't want to spend all our time in cities. Enjoy history, scenery, food, architecture, walking, heritage sites. We generally like to have a car on holiday so we can explore independently. I would appreciate any input on the following itinerary that I've developed which I'm hoping captures a bit of a good feel for what England has to offer without stretching ourselves too thinly. Any input most appreciated!
Day 1 - AM Arrive Heathrow - Bus to Oxford
Day 2 - Visit Warwick Castle by Train - Overnight in Oxford
Day 3 - Pick up Car - Visit Stratford-on-Avon - on to Cotswolds base town (? Advice?)
Day 4 - Explore Cotswolds by car or on foot weather depending (stay in Cotswolds)
Day 5 - Visit Blenheim and on to Bath
Day 6 - Visit Salisbury/Stonehenge (overnight Bath)
Day 7 - Relax/Sightsee in Bath
Day 8 - Visit Hampton Court Palace/Return Car & Heathrow - Flight @ 8:30 PM
As always, thanks to the Fodorites for your expertise!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 संगत ICLOUD @ Password Reset संपर्क करें1:888:260:2909 ICLOUD Tec*h care
- 2 First time in Spain
- 3 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 4 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 11 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 12 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 13 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 14 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 15 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 19 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 22 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 23 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 24 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery