Hi Fellow travellers,
We are a group of 6 adults and 2 children aged 3 and 2. We have rented an apartment near the Colosseo and we won't be driving so main transportation means will be Metro / Train and I've come up with the draft itenenary as follows, please see if you have comments / suggestions.
Some other questions:
1. Debating between going to Tivoli or Orvieto as day trip. Which is better? Should we go to both?
2. Is spending an entire day at Tivoli or Orvieto too much? Not enough to see in these two towns?
3. Have been searching for the mass time of San Silvestro in Capite church (near Trevi Fountain) on Sundays, but cannot find it on-line. Anyone knows?
4. Are shops closed from 3 to 6pm? What time do they open till?
Afternoon – lunch around hotel neighbourhood / groceries
Evening – Spanish steps / Trevi Fountain dinner
Morning – Colesseum / Roman Forum (opens at 9am – try to be early morning so less hot)
Afternoon – lunch in area of Roman Forum, can go home to rest, then early afternoon – Santa Maria Maggiore
Evening – Shopping around Via del Corso (from 4 to 7), then dinner
Morning - Tivoli
Afternoon - Tivoli
Evening – dinner in Tivoli / or can go back to Rome
Morning – Vatican museum / Sistine Chapel / St Peters Square
Afternoon – Vatican museum / Sistine Chapel / St Peters Square
Evening – Trastevere for dinner
Morning – Mass at 10am at St. Sylvester church in English
Afternoon – Piazza Navona shopping and dinner late afternoon
Evening – Piazza Navona shopping and dinner late afternoon
Morning – St. Sebastian Church near Catacomb OR Orvieto
Afternoon – St. Sebastian Church near Catacomb OR Orvieto
Evening – Rome dinner
Morning - depart
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 3 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 4 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 5 beware of robbed in Milan
- 6 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 7 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 First time in Spain
- 10 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 11 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 12 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 13 Once upon a time in Italy
- 14 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 15 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 16 GTG Paris December 2017
- 17 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 20 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
Hi Fellow travellers,