We are planning our vacation to Belgium and Germany in April-May 2018.
We will be having 15-20 days.
We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 children of 16 and 15 years. We will be using public transport everywhere.
We enjoy castles and palaces, farmer's markets but not too much of museums - maybe only the must sees.
We love trying local cuisine.
We are looking at arriving in Brussels - spend 4 nights and then 3 nights in Bruge or Ghent.
We would like to do a day trip to Amsterdam to see the Keukenhof Gardens. Any other recommendations for day trips. Is Luxembourg city worth doing as a day trip from Brussels.
Ideally we would like to spend more time in Germany. .From Brussels, we want to go to Hamburg or be based in Bremen or Lubeck for 3 nights. Would like to visit Lubeck as a day trip if not overnight.
Any advice and suggestions please? Is this worth it or should we give it a skip or be based in a more charming place which has good connectivity.
Then we plan to go to Berlin or Dresden for 4 nights. Should we do Berlin or Dresden? Not been to these places.
We need to go to Eschwege for 2 nights to meet our relatives and then 3 nights in Munich or Garmisch before we fly out of Munich. Should we add / drop any place?
Have been earlier to Munich but not to the other places.
Please let me have your valuable suggestions - for local grocery stores, bakeries chains, metzgeries.
Where to stay and what day trips we can club together. Tips for travelling cheap.
We do not want anything too fancy. Any hotel recommendation that is convenientl located, clean and safe near the Hauptbahnhof in each place?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 Driving
- 5 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 6 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 7 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 8 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 9 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 10 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 11 Poland--where else to go
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 5 days in Andalusia
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 16 South of France
- 17 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 20 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 21 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 22 Shall we Gdansk?
- 23 Help with Spain itinerary
- 24 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 25 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help