Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 2 South of London in March, ancient trees and Daffodils?
- 3 Sleep at Heathrow
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 6 Keukenhaf
- 7 Netherlands- Texel
- 8 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 9 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 10 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 11 9 day trip to France
- 12 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 13 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 14 England
- 15 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 16 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 17 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 18 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 19 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 20 Once upon a time in Italy
- 21 2 week May trip with kids
- 22 Which Aran Island??
- 23 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 24 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 25 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA