Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Advice for ten days in Europe!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/advice-for-ten-days-in-europe-566747/)

FlowrChic3 Oct 25th, 2005 01:00 AM

Advice for ten days in Europe!!

Hello everyone! I am studying abroad in Florence and have a ten day break coming up :o) Me and two girlfriends are going to Paris, London, Amsterdam and Prague!!! I wanted to know if there was anything that I HAVE to do in any of these cities. I've been to Paris and London, so I pretty much know the touristy stuff in those places, but am all ears to anything about Amsterdam and Prague. Also, we want to experience the nightlife in all these cities. Any recommendations from anyone? We were thinking something in Montmarte for Paris, and maybe a ballet in Amsterdam? We're up for anything from the arts to pubs :o) Anything y'all could provide would be greatly appreciated! Happy travelling!!

ira Oct 25th, 2005 01:06 AM

Hi FC,

4 cities in 10 days.

You will lose at least 2.5 days in travel, leaving you with less than 2 days in each city.

My advice is that you eliminate at least one city. Two would be better.

((I))

bardo1 Oct 25th, 2005 04:14 AM

I couldn't agree more. I humbly suggest that you have a sit-down with your two friends and agree on two cities.

All four have GREAT nightlife, art, architecture, pubs, classical and popular music so any two you choose will make for a perfect trip. I'll let others weigh in as well and see if you decide to pare it back a little. Please let us know and then I and others will give you city specific suggestions.

FlowrChic3 Oct 25th, 2005 04:22 AM

Thanks to you both! Unfortunately, we have made all the necessary travel plans :o( I know that it would be better to stay longer in a few places, but we students like to travel to as many places as we can!!! I actually wanted to bag London, because it's so expensive and I've been there lots, but one girl has never been (imagine that!) so I feel it is our duty to show her one of the best cities in the world!! We are actually leaving at the end of this week and wanted to generate a basic itinerary so we don't just get to these cities and not know what to do (which we've actually done before, but I feel this way would be easier). Any good places to go out that you would recommend? I'd rather check out places that people have recommended instead of just looking them up on the internet... please let me know if you have sugggestions!

ira Oct 25th, 2005 04:54 AM

Hi FC,

Look up the miniguides to the cities under "Destinations"

((I))

suze Oct 25th, 2005 07:15 AM

For nightlife pick up a local weekly entertainment guides when you arrive each city to see what's happening. Also ask at places you find people your age and interest (waiters in cafes, book store clerks, hostel or hotel help) what's going on.