We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moscow Hotels
- 2 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 3 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 4 Visit to France
- 5 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 6 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 7 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 11 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 12 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 15 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 16 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 17 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 18 First time in Spain
- 19 Packing Champagne
- 20 Manchester hotels
- 21 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 22 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 23 Barcelona to Malaga
- 24 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 25 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?