Advice for England and France travels?

May 25th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

Advice for England and France travels?

Hello everyone, I will be visiting England with a friend who has family there, they live in Leicester and surrounding areas. This is our first time to England and we hope to spend a lot of it in London but since we will be there 2 weeks are planning on spending a weekend in Paris! Has anyone taken the train to Paris from London, any sites that have good deals on train tickets? Also any surrounding attractions or places by London that are worth visiting? I was hoping to do a day tour from London to Bath and Stonehenge. I was also looking at Brighton? Is it worth the train ride? Any help or recommendations would be awesome!!! Also any sites that have good deals on day tours and train tickets would be appreciated! This is my first trip with my friend outside the country so I need help haha
May 25th, 2016, 08:30 PM

There's quite a lot to see in London, and nearby is Windsor Castle--an easy trip by bus. The Prince's Pavilion at Brighton is fascinating as a glimpse into the Regency style; we loved the Egyptian-themed furniture. However, Bath is full of Regency associations as well, and Stonehenge is a don't-miss. You could make a trip up to Stratford-upon-Avon; try to get tickets for a Shakespeare production at the theater.
May 25th, 2016, 08:54 PM

For info on train travel in Britain/Europe, read seat61.com

You buy train tickets for the London-Paris train at http://www.eurostar.com and the earlier you book the cheaper - but read seat61.com first.

Brighton is fun, just take the train. Bath and Stonehenge may be better with a tour, look at London Walks. But you sound like you really need to read some guidebooks.

There are a number of threads on this site on Oyster cards and transport passes with two-for-one deals for London - do a search.
May 26th, 2016, 02:53 AM

There is so much to see/do in London that you don't even have to go to France.

Search this Thread