Advice for Apt in Paris in June 4 nights

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My head is spinning over the number of apts for rent in Paris! So many choices. This will be a first trip to the city with 2 adults and one recent HS grad. We arrive at 11am in Paris and have four nights, then on to Rome for 6 nights. Looking for an apt but don't know what "central" location I should pick. Looking for one close to markets and restauants, but I understand noise can interfere with sleep. Do I need A/C in June? Any links to apts with a balcony or terrace one or two blocks off a main area? I have been looking at VRBO and vacationinparis web sites. What areas(6, 5) are the best to start a search with?
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 05:31 AM

I think a good plan is to do a search here...try typing Paris appartment into the search box. Because this is a common question here, and many people have rented, you will find a lot of reviews on particular appartments, which should get you your answer. No particular area will be too far from restos or markets, but first timers won't go wrong renting in the 4/5/6th
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 06:05 AM

My advice is to decide on the things
you most want to see and do then see
if you can find an apartment that would be convenient for your itinerary.

We stayed on Ile St Louis this past summer for the first time in 4 visits and that's where I'll always stay from now on... close to most things, good metro access, quiet at night and a cool river breeze in the evenings.

My preference is for a street rather
than courtyard view (we were lucky and had both). If I'm in Paris I'd prefer a view of Paris rather than a courtyard. Besides, courtyards can be noisy too!

If you opt for air conditioning, which can be a boon in Paris, street noise shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Rob
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

OK we have decided on staying in the 5th, and like being near Rue Mouffetard. Here are some links. I am looking for help with locations, or if you scan the listing, anything that jumps out as good or bad. (I had a great find, only to realize that it was on 6th floor with no elevator!) Given my budget, there are some cute well furnished small apts, and some not as cute but with a balcony and/or a view. I really like the idea of being able to look out on Paris... Seems I might not be able to have both. Any advice on what you see here?

http://vacationinparis.com/apts/id_28.htm

http://www.parisattitude.com/apartme...umProduit=2059

http://www.perfectplaces.com/vacation-rentals/38447.htm

http://www.parisattitude.com/apartme...umProduit=1538

http://www.parisattitude.com/apartme...umProduit=2800

Old Jan 12th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

I have another apartment in mind now, one with A/C near Rue Mouffetard, with nice views. We decided that we needed A/C, a W/D, and nice views or a terrace/balcony. This one has very nice comments from others who have rented, and it is in our price range. It seems the owner has it listed with several agencies. Does anyone have any experience with ala carte Paris or Paris by Heart?

I have booked the flights openjaw Miami to Paris then Rome to Miami. They were just under $900 with taxed and fees included. I did not think I would do better by waiting. We arrive in Paris at 11am on day 1, and leave Rome in the am on day 11. Original plan was Paris 4 nights and Rome 6 (with a day trip to Florence). We may have a 5 night minimum in Paris. If so, we will be in Rome for 5 nights. I will first get Paris settled, then worry about flying to Rome and the Rome apt.

Anyone with experience with the agencies mentioned? Any other comments? Thanks. This site is a wonderful help to me. Heidi
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 02:24 AM

I will be curious to find out if these apartments are available by the day and what the price might be.

Most (all?) of those we have looked at and stayed in rented only by the week.

It would be useful to know of shorter term rentals.
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Original Poster

We have found MANY with only a 4 or 5 night minimum. actually. Anyone with experience with ala carte Paris, Paris by Heart or ApartParis? (They all have 4 or 5 night, as does vacationinparis.)
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:34 PM

I am also renting an apartment for the beginning of June and found one in the St Germain area. My suggestion to you is to request for a list of references, I was given a few email addresses and they checked out pretty good. Most everyone was happy to give me a reference but I would caution you though, there was one owner who was livid at me for asking I didn't quite understand why so I didn't rent from him.

Good luck.