I'm planning another quick, last minute visit to Paris with my husband and our now 15 y.o. son around Apr. 7-11. I think we are going to try airbnb for this trip as there seem to be many options within our price range that can accommodate 3. I have been searching the forum as to which arr. might be a good choice for our needs. Last visit we stayed at Hotel des Grandes Ecoles in the Latin Quarter which was wonderful. We'd like to experience a different area this time. Ideally we'd like a residential neighborhood with small cafés and bakeries etc. We are very comfortable with using the metro and buses so we don't have to be in the heart of the city. I have seen first time visitors directed to the 4-7th as it is walking distance to the main sights. I'm not ruling out those areas, but am willing to forgo convenience for a charming, less frenetic area. I am wondering if Montmartre might be what we're looking for. Or the Marais, although I've read where several people don't like it, and I wonder why. Any advice would be very appreciated. Merci!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 2 GTG Paris December 2017
- 3 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 4 Dubrovnik
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 7 Family vacation
- 8 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 9 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 10 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 11 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 14 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 15 Tips for first trip to UK
- 16 which language school in Italy?
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Driving
- 19 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 20 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 21 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 Budget trip
- 25 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!