Hoping someone can offer some advice. I have a 3 week family trip to Ireland in September, and am thinking of going early to do some solo travel in Spain and France.
I have 6 "free" days, and was thinking of flying into Barcelona and doing the following:
Aug 26-29: Barcelona
29-30: Aix en Provence
31: Travel to Cork, Ireland (I'll be in Ireland for 3 weeks from this point)
I would very much appreciate any advice on whether or not these timelines are realistic. Also, any travel advice? Best to take a train through France and then ferry to Ireland? Better to fly? I'm also open to any suggestions. I haven't been to either south of France or Spain.
BTW, I'm a woman in my late 30's so safety is a concern. I'm basically looking for a nice time on my own with some delicious views, food and drink.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 South of London in March, ancient trees and Daffodils?
- 4 Sleep at Heathrow
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 7 Keukenhaf
- 8 Netherlands- Texel
- 9 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 10 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 11 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 12 9 day trip to France
- 13 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 14 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 15 England
- 16 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 17 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 18 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 19 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 20 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 21 Once upon a time in Italy
- 22 2 week May trip with kids
- 23 Which Aran Island??
- 24 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 25 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA