My friends and I are going to Italy next month (Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, Tuscany & Venice). We're seeing all the famous monuments/landmarks. However-- looking at our itinerary as a whole, our trip is very lacking in the adventure category and probably a little too heavy on the touristy sites so I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions on fun outdoors types of activities we could do. (Especially since some of our group members are guys in their early 20's and this will be after seeing France, Germany and later Prague-- maybe too many monuments and churches by then!)
For example: hiking/nature-y things, zip lining, water sports, scenic ATV tours, etc.
The only activity in our Italy itinerary right now is hiking at Cinque Terre. But is there anything else that's popular? For example, should we add in Abruzzo or bike tours/horseback riding in Tuscany or ocean diving or even exploring Pompeii ruins?
Any help would be appreciated! Grazie~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving
- 2 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 6 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 7 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 8 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 9 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 10 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 11 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 20 Malaga Christmas lights
- 21 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 22 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 23 Poland--where else to go
- 24 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 25 5 days in Andalusia