Reload this Page >

Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell

Old Nov 11th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,
Trying to plan our day of Gaudi. Planning to do both Sagrada Familia and Park Guell in the same day. Most likely will not get an early start but could be out the door by 1000. We are staying in El Born. So my questions are:
- when should I pre-buy the tickets? Can I buy them the day we want to go and show them purchase on my phone (we most likely will not have access to a printer) or do I need to them now?
-We will be there right before Christmas.
-Do we do the park first?
-How long does each usually take?
-What is there to add on in these locations that I don't want to miss?

Thanks!
Old Nov 11th, 2017, 02:43 PM

We did both in the same day, and there will be plenty of time to do both comfortably. We stayed in the El Born area too and walked there, it was quite a long walk, but we took our time, stopping at a cafe on the way there, and a wine bar on our way home from the Sagrada Famillia.

We did not book for Parc Guell, not realising that we needed to. It was very disappointing, as the only time available when we got there at about midday was for 6.30pm...we didn't want to hang around or return so we missed out on the full experience, but did get to see the open/free parts of the park. So I would definitely book this in advance, and don't leave it until the day.

I booked our time slot at the Sagrada Famillia a few months in advance, so again suggest you book that ahead of time too. We went to the Parc Guell first, so about midday, and then walked to the Sagrada Famillia for a 4pm time slot...we were there in early June. I am picking you will want to arrive at both a little earlier than that, given you are there in winter.
Old Nov 11th, 2017, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Book ahead! And consider the light for Sagrada Familia as the stained glass is impressive.
Old Nov 12th, 2017, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely book in advance.

@thursdaysd what time do you think would be optimal for late december light? If we went at 3pm do you think that would work?
Old Nov 12th, 2017, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was there in the morning for the light through the east windows. Maybe someone else can speak to the west windows.

Check https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/ for daylight hours.
Old Nov 13th, 2017, 07:57 AM

Hello!

You can do both Sagrada Familia and Park Güell the same day! I did them with a guide and it was a great experience. Also, I'd advice you to buy the tickets as soon as posible, I recommend you this article, you'll find all the information about fast-track tickets (to avoid queueing for hours) and guided visits! https://barcelona-top-travel-tips.co...grada-familia/

Another things you shouldn't miss is walking around Passeig de Gràcia and discovering the houses of Gaudì, casa Milà (https://barcelona-top-travel-tips.com/la-pedrera-gaudi/) and Casa Batlló (https://barcelona-top-travel-tips.co...-batllo-gaudi/).

Have a great trip!
Old Nov 14th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

@thursdaysd I'm sure we won't be up early enough for the morning light! Thank you for the daylight time table!

@aroundtheworld91 I can't wait to read the guide, thanks so much. I will check out the houses...did you go inside? I'd like to see the roof tops but not sure if we will.
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 02:42 AM

@rivermama Yes, I visited both of them and they are amazing! And yes, it's possible to see the roof tops if you go inside the house! The view is great!
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 05:25 AM

If you have the time, I highly recommend going inside both La Pedrera (Casa Mila) and Casa Batllo. They are both interesting and beautiful. The rooftops are amazing! If you only have time for one, my favorite was Casa Batllo because I think the interior was more unique and interesting.
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks @aroundtheworld91 and @karenwoo. Hopefully we will have time for at least one!
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 12:21 PM
kja

If it's not too late....

I enjoyed the light through the Sagrada Familia's west windows in late afternoon.

And I was glad to visit Parc Guell in the (early) evening.

In addition to the Casa Mila (which has a light show at night) and Casa Battlo, Casa Guell is, IMO, worth visiting.