Reload this Page >

Adriatic Sea Highlights near Assisi???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 06:44 PM
Cal & Patty Duke

Can anyone please give us some highlights of the Adriatic Sea area near Assisi? We haven't seen much press on that area of Italy. We will be in both Tuscany & Umbria in early November and we thought it might be interesting to head toward the Adriatic for a day trip... <BR> <BR>THANKS!

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 11:55 PM
Helen Donegan

Hi Cal & Patty <BR>I will assume you visit Gubbio while you are staying in Umbria. <BR> <BR>For a day trip Urbino: <BR>http://www.unesco.org/whc/sites/828.htm would be best but if you want to be at the sea for the day you would be better going to Riccione and/or Rimini. <BR> <BR>There are some great fish restaurants all around there and the fish will be fresh at that time of year so treat yourselves to lunch!

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 05:10 PM
Cal & Patty Duke

Thanks, Helen... <BR> <BR>Any other suggestions withing a 120 mile radius? We will be in Assisi for one week before heading toward the Amalfi Coast for a couple of nights... <BR> <BR>We will have a car....THANKS, AGAIIN!

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 08:51 PM
Helen Donegan

Assisi could easily keep you busy for two days - I live near there and I just adore the place - if you would like any information, or anything,let me know.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 07:04 AM
richard j vicek

Goodmorning, Cal and Patty <BR>San Marino is a very heavily tourist <BR>area, however most go home by evening, <BR>leaving the whole place to a few who <BR>remain, it has some very interesting <BR>views, especially the sunsets. We have used the HOTEL TITANO (#43) which was <BR>an excellant room with view. A more <BR>than excellant ristorante is the LA TAVERNA. The dining room of the Titano <BR>was above average, especially the straw <BR>and grass. People watching during the <BR>day can be enjoyable. <BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..