addt'l. favorite berlin restaurants?

Apr 17th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

addt'l. favorite berlin restaurants?

off to a convention in berlin and will have the entire weekend to explore on our own.. so, please recommend some more restaurants.

we have reservations at the reichstag for lunch saturday, .. suggestions fro dinner? i have written down the ones i have found on previous posts.. just wondering in anything / anyone new can post?

any suggestions for dining in potsdam on a sunday?

thanks in advance.
Apr 17th, 2005, 01:13 PM

I'm not sure that any of us know where to start. Since you've already done some research it would be nice to say "I'm already interested in. . . "and then name some of the places that sound good to you. Also it would be good to give a clue as to price or type of food or atmosphere you're looking for and where in Berlin you're planning to stay.
Apr 17th, 2005, 01:36 PM
hsv

While I agree with Patrick that it would be nice to know which places you have already taken some interest in, I'll try to throw in a few:

Ottenthal in Kantstr. No.153 (Charlottenburg, between Zoo Train Station and Savignyplatz) serves great Austrian food.

Lutter und Wegner have three (I think) outlets. One on Schlueterstr. in Chralottenburg, one on Gendarmenmarkt in Mitte and one on Potsdamer Platz. Nice wines, nice food, pleasant atmosphere (cozy and sometimes a bit crowded) - also Austrian influences in food.

NU is a stylish Thai eatery right next to Lutter und Wegner in Charlottenburg. Right on the corner of Niebuhrstr.

Cheap Asian food (Vietnamese cuisine) can be had at Monsieur Vuong on Schoenhauser Allee in Mitte/ Prenzlauer Berg. Very hip with about everybody currently. They don't take reservations, though.

Gugelhof in Prenzlauer Berg on Kollwitzplatz/ corner of Knaackstr. is also one of my favorites. Alsatian style cuisine at very reasonable prices in a very relaxed atmosphere.
Apr 17th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

you're right. sorry.

we would like local type food, not french influence,etc. while in germany.

also hope not to spend over 30 euros/person for simple dinner and dessert,(no wine).

i see most of these mentioned were on list, so had seen info about:
-lutte and wegner
-gugelhof
-borchardt
-dressler
-twelve apostles

so, now i will add ottenthal if we are near that area.

thanks!

i have NO info for restaurants in Potsdam. Is there someplace we should make an effort to visit?

Price range: lunch 15/20 euros/person
Apr 26th, 2005, 08:04 PM
DAX

If you're looking for a typical german dish, one of my favorites is Tafelspitz which unfortunately is described as boiled beef but actually tastes more like very delicious prime rib in broth.

A fancy but reasonably priced restaurant that serves a great version of Tafelspitz is AIGNER at Gendarmenmarkt. Check out www.Aigner-Gendarmenmarkt.de. for pictures & menu/prices.
May 2nd, 2005, 05:39 AM
Original Poster

walked past aigner after lunch at borchardt.
will definitely try it next time, which i hope is not too far away!