Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Adalusia Itinerary (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/adalusia-itinerary-1036278/)

MamaKaren Feb 2nd, 2015 06:20 AM

Adalusia Itinerary

Need to identify best transportation for heading south out of Madrid through Cordoba on to Sevilla then including Ronda and Malaga. Travelling with 4 adults and 4 teenagers. Car is not a great option because of group size and motion sickness. Thought trains would be best but seems like limited options to incorporate Ronda. Any suggestions?

yorkshire Feb 2nd, 2015 06:28 AM

Ronda is well served by bus, from Sevilla and to Malaga.

Bedar Feb 2nd, 2015 07:36 AM

What, you're thinking of visiting Ronda and Malaga but not Granada ?? You need to rethink your trip.

yorkshire Feb 2nd, 2015 07:49 AM

I've been to Malaga and Ronda (twice!) but not yet to Granada; I don't feel particularly deprived. But, with the OP's amount of time and round-trip tickets to Barcelona, I think either Madrid or the area surrounding Barcelona would make better use of time.

yorkshire Feb 2nd, 2015 08:03 AM

Sorry--I was confusing two Spain threads, but my first sentence still stands.

WomBatt Feb 2nd, 2015 08:32 AM

If I have read this correctly all you want are the bus details to go from Seville to Ronda to Malaga. Is that correct?

Bedar Feb 2nd, 2015 08:39 AM

Yorkshire, the next time you take a package trip to the Costa del Sol, I suggest that you visit Granada and the Alhambra. It is Spain's #1 attraction. Many people here have a very limited amount of time to visit, and one wants to make sure that they see the highlights of Spain which are Granada, Cordoba, and Seville in Andalucia. If you haven't visited Cordoba and Seville, I suggest you see them, too. We lived in Spain for 20 yrs, part of that time in Malaga province, so we know Ronda and Malaga pretty darn well. IF tourists have the time after seeing the highlights, yes, they should visit these other places. Otherwise, they must be considered secondary.

Robert2533 Feb 2nd, 2015 08:43 AM

>Thought trains would be best but seems like limited options to incorporate Ronda. Any suggestions?<

Yes, check the bus schedules for Los Amarillos from Sevilla or Malága to Ronda

http://samar.es/empresa/samar/losamarillos

yorkshire Feb 2nd, 2015 08:46 AM

Bedar, I have never taken a package tour, but I do prefer to choose my own must sees. They are different for everyone. I don't pretend to know why the OP selected their stops, but I presume they did so for a reason.

Christina Feb 2nd, 2015 09:04 AM

I've been to Granada, but not until after several trips to Spain. It was okay, but I would never say someone had to go there or their trip was ruined. It was not one of the highlights of my trip, seeing old buildings is interesting but not the main reason I am there.

Bedar Feb 2nd, 2015 10:22 AM

Christina, some people, unlike you, are unable to return to Spain, so one wants to make sure that they know what the highlights are. Not visiting Barcelona or Madrid or Granada or other places doesn't mean a trip will be "ruined", of course. You seem to travel a lot. What are your interests if not "old buildings" ? Skyscrapers ? I go for the old buildings and structures, museums, and such. To each his own.

kja Feb 2nd, 2015 05:54 PM

In addition to buses, I believe one can travel to Ronda from Granada by train.

Robert2533 Feb 2nd, 2015 06:46 PM

There is no direct train from Granada to Ronda.

kja Feb 2nd, 2015 08:33 PM

Are there now no trains from Granada to Ronda through Bobadilla?

Robert2533 Feb 2nd, 2015 08:58 PM

There is a train from Granada to Bobadilla to Ronda, the MD, but I would not consider it a great way to visit Ronda.

kja Feb 2nd, 2015 09:17 PM

Thanks for confirming that train, Robert!

That train worked very well for me. I used it to reach Ronda, and then, the next day, took a bus to Sevilla. Whether that train would work for others would seem to me to depend on their schedules and preferences.