Search

Actv Bus from Venice airport.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actv Bus from Venice airport.

Hi,

I will be going to Mestre after landing at Marco Polo Airport. I have already purchased my 3 day bus pass and was thinking of activating it at the airport and and using the Actv bus to get to the train station because it is included . I will not have too much luggage...just a carry on roller board and back pack. Is it obvious where to get off? Does the bus driver anounce the stops? Is the train station the end of the line for bus #15?
I don't want to get lost ! Thanks for your help.

Judy
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 01:25 PM

Is Mestre your destination or is it Venice? If Venice, take it as far as Piazalle Roma--the end of the line.
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Mestre is my final destination. What is the stop called? I went to the Actv web site and there is a list of stops to plan your trip, but none say airport or Mestre!
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 01:43 PM

You can download a time table for ACTV busses from the airport to Mestre Station:

http://www.actv.it/english/automobil...a=auto_tariffe

If in doubt, simply ask the driver, with a questioning tone, Stazione Mestre? before you get on board.

They don't announce the stops, but perhaps the time table can help you figure out which stop in yours. Ask people near you, and the driver too if you are anywhere near him.

Stazione Mestre? to a seat mate will probably work, and you might be lucky and have an English speaker to help.

Another thing is that people with luggage will be getting off at the train station in Mestre.

I've only been to that station twice, but I do think you will recognize it when the bus stops there.
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 01:54 PM

OMG, my link wasn't very helpful, was it?

Ask when you get on Bus #15 at the airport, to make sure it is going to the Mestre Train Station. As you exit the airport, there is a tourist desk, and maybe they can give you more help.

I don't think it will be as hard as it seems right now. Maybe pull up a google map with both the airport and the Mestre train station on it, to get some idea.
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 02:04 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

The above map would seem to show that the bus will probably leave the airport, proceed down via Orlanda and turn right toward Mestre Station after crossing via Amerigo Vespucci.

I wish I could help you more, but somebody will probably be able to.

In any case, I don't think you can miss the train station.