Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Accomodations in Munich, Vienna, Florence, Rome, Paris, Amsterdam

Apr 19th, 2001, 11:04 AM
Garrett

Ok, so i know that it is a broad subject, but here it goes...
Planning three weeks in June in the listed cities with a companion. We want to book reservations in advance in order to cut down on the time searching for hostels or hotel rooms once we are over there. Have been doing a lot of research, but now I just wanted to get you all's opinion on places to stay that are convenient, not too expensive ($40 or less per person per night), and don't have curfews. Thank you all for the help!!!

Apr 19th, 2001, 12:20 PM
ohohagain

Do a search on "hotel with red awning" and you should get some good suggestions from that thread...

Apr 19th, 2001, 12:54 PM
Heather

To meet your budget, I can't recommend the places that I stayed in Florence, Paris or Munich. However, in 1999, I stayed with a friend at Pension Franz on the ring road. It was around $65-70/night for two with a large breakfast included. The site is http://www.hotels.or.at/franz/ if you are interested. It is close to transportation and easy walking to many sights (I really like to walk, though). The Pension is on the 2nd or 3rd floor, but it has an elevator. The staff was extremely kind during our visit.

For Munich, I found this interactive hotel map site-- http://www.munich-info.de/city/karte_en.html

Also, someone recommended the Herzog Wilhelm, which is listed on the map.

If you are interested in cyber cafes, the one attached to the train station is Munich is very reasonable. Also, in Vienna, if you go to the department store Amadeus (near the Opera House) and go to the book department, they have free Internet access (or did in '99, at least).

Hope this helps a little. Have a wonderful vacation!

Apr 20th, 2001, 07:32 AM
Linda

Check nethotels.com for Vienna.

Apr 20th, 2001, 01:53 PM
steff

In Rome there's a place called antica locanda...they rent rooms in aprtment bldgs around the city... I stay in one about 100 yds from the Trevi Fountain..it's really clean has 2 queen size beds and bath...breakfast is at a cafe outside your front door and it's $175 in high season for 4 people... they have other places too...check them out...call the Rome USO and get their number (tell them you're military)... i like it beacause it's so not touristy... ciao and have fun

Apr 20th, 2001, 03:10 PM
vicki

Hi. I was in Europe last summer and these places I would highly recommend and within your budget. Rome - Hotel de Artistes. This is a hotel and a hostel together, very close to the Termini and in a safe location. We loved it...in fact, I could e-mail you some pictures. Amsterdam - Get Lucky was a great place. Great location, funky, wonderful people, right off the tram. Munich - Hotel Helvita (or Helveta). Close to the train station, easy access to downtown, clean, nice rooms. Hope this helps. E-mail me if you want pics or more info.