Reload this Page >

Accomodation in Salema , Algarve

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Neil Howard

Has anyone stayed in Salema or nearby in the Algarve and has a hotel or accomodation recommendation . We are going in September 2002. <BR>Thanks

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 05:23 PM
Rhonda

Neil can't answer your question but have you looked at this site?: <BR> <BR>http://www.carvoeiro.com/ <BR> <BR>Have a great trip.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 10:55 PM
Clare

Neil, <BR>not sure if you're into golf or not but the Sheraton Algarve currently has a special for 5 nights for $500. Friends have stayed there and said it's a lovely hotel.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 05:47 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Neil, Stay in Lagos or Sagres at the beautiful Pousada. Salema is very small and not much to do. Rick strikes again.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Keith Meyer

We highly recommend the Pensao Mare in Salema - run by an English guy John. <BR><BR>website: <BR>www.Algarve.co.uk<BR><BR>A little secret - he also rents a quaint apartment for around 40 euros per night. It's perfect for two!<BR><BR>The town of Salema is very quiet, with some decent restaurants. Recommend asking around as there are better restaurants in some neighboring towns. <BR><BR>Take the time to search some of the more private beaches nearby as well - spectacular!<BR><BR>

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Jan

We stayed just outside of Salema, in Figueira (about 1-2 kms away). We rented a small house. There are many available. There are several good restaurants in Salema, though and they are quite inexpensive. Sagres is nice, but in the middle of nowhere. I looked at the pousada while there and was happy to be where we were. A good day trip from a more central location. Lagos is nice as well...I would consider renting someplace there next time.<BR><BR>I would caution you about venturing further east though. I found it tacky and party animal central.<BR><BR>The beach suggestion was also good. There are some fabulous beaches in the Salema area...don't jsut go to one. We liked Dona Ana, Praia da Luz (if you have children) and for more private beaches, Zavial and Ingrina. Beautiful!<BR><BR>Enjoy!<BR>Jan

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 12:53 PM
www.tourist-in-portugal.web.pt

Hi. One more suggestion : Burgau beach.