Accommodation suggestions in Füssen, Germany

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to get some suggestions for accommodation in Füssen, we will be traveling by trains and buses so not too far away from the station and we are trying to stay under €100 if possible. We will be staying two nights and require a double room.

I have also been tossing up staying in Hohenschwangau but the more I read I am not so sure. Seems there is a very limited number of places to eat and by the sound of things the tour buses just come and go all day long. We would like to take a trip to Ruette also and I though Füssen might be a better base but I need convincing!

Thanks.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:06 AM
ira

Hi M,

We liked our stay at the www.hotel-hechten.com

They offer doubles from 85E w/bkfst.

Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Ira, looks good. I will have to translate it but it looks like we could walk easily enough from the station.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:22 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Maudie,

I can second the Hotel zum Hechten. We stayed there twice ('01, '03) and highly recommend it. We also love the town of Fuessen.

Paul
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:03 AM

It's just a little bit outside Fussen, but we've stayed a couple of times at Hotel Weinbauer in Schwangau and it was very comfortable both times, and reasonably priced, with a nice view across open fields to Neuschwanstein.

www.hotel-weinbauer.de
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
jgg

Just returned on Monday from a trip and stayed last Friday night at Hotel Hechten in Fussen. I concur with the others who recommended it. However, we also ate there for dinner and didn't care for our meal (but the breakfast was great!) It is an excellent location in the town.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Hi everyone, sounds like Hotel Hechten might be the one. I have read reports on Trip Advisor and they didn't make the hotel sound all that great so I was hoping to see if someone came up with something different.

All of the places that I really like the look off are much more than our budget allows.

Flyfish, that hotel looks lovely but without a car it might be too difficult to use as a base but I will check the bus routes.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Hi again Maudie,

Our experiences at the Hotel zum Hechten were both positive in all ways. The rooms were very nice, we had a balcony with Fuessen castle right in front of us (very nice lit up at night), great buffet breakfast and the people from the hotel we dealt with were very nice also. In fact, I didn't know how to get to their parking lot our first time there, so one of the staff walked a few blocks with me to our car and had us follow him to the lot.

Paul
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:32 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your response Paul, you have been extremely helpful to us with our planning and the many questions we have had.