I am finalizing our trip this December/January. On the last leg of the trip we are staying in Montepulciano. Rather than return the car to Rome and fly out of there - I am finding better departure times and more general convenience returning the car to Florence (rent in Rome) and then depart from Florence. Our likely departure time will be 9:55 in the morning - or thereabouts. In any event, a morning flight.
So the question I have is where to stay the night before? Some posts say near the airport for the convenience - while others say city center, just arrange for a cab the night before. We (family of 4 - parents, 2 teens) will likely come in from the countryside the morning before the flight, return the car and then tour Florence for the day before leaving the next morning.
Any suggestions - opinions? been there, done that?
I did a thread search but didn't find this issue addressed - forgive me if it has been.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 4 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 5 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 6 land vs river cruise
- 7 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 8 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 9 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 10 Scotland ideas
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 13 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 14 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 17 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 22 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 23 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 24 paris to london- day trip
- 25 Planning a Poland itinerary
accommodation recommendations night before flight out of Florence