Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   About rue Monsieur le Prince? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/about-rue-monsieur-le-prince-351934/)

plasticgeek Aug 26th, 2003 08:27 AM

About rue Monsieur le Prince?

Hi Everyone-
I wanted to see if anyone could tell me alittle about where "rue Monsieur le Prince" is? How far it is from major Paris destinations? Convenience to the metro? It will be my first time in Paris and I am up everynight trying to figure out where to stay while not breaking the bank :)

Any thoughts? Thanks so much in advance!

ira Aug 26th, 2003 08:35 AM

Hi

Try www.multimap.com or www.mappy.com.

You are about 2 blks from the Luxembourg Gardens.

SusanP Aug 26th, 2003 08:37 AM

Hi plasticgeek (OK what is the significance of your screen name?!), rue Monsier le Prince is in the 6th and runs southeast from Carret de Odeon to Blvd St. Michel. It is between Luxembourg Gardens and the Sorbonne, close to Musee Cluny and the Pantheon, maybe a 15-min walk to Notre Dame, close to the Odeon Metro stop and only a little farther to the St. Michel Metro stop. In the other direction, not far to the Luxembourg RER stop. As you can see, it's easy to get around the city from there. If you stay there, try Chez Maitre Paul for dinner, delicious food. Also lots of people recommend Polidor, although we didn't try that one. Another good restaurant was Bouillon Racine on rue Racine, which crosses Monsier le Prince. Hope the helps!

SusanP Aug 26th, 2003 08:38 AM

Obviously, I meant hope "this" helps.

cparris Aug 26th, 2003 08:39 AM

We stayed on the street a couple years ago and found it very convient. In either direction within a couple blocks was a metro...in fact we easily took the metro to and from the airport. There are a few good restaurants on the street...alot of Japanese restaurants and the Polidar I think it was called which is a very old restaurant with good and inexpensive food. We stayed at the St. Paul which was nice and not too expensive.

elberko Aug 26th, 2003 08:43 AM

We used a laudromat on Monsieur le Prince when we stayed at Hotel des Balcons a couple of years ago. I would stay in that area again.

Scarlett Aug 26th, 2003 08:46 AM

Our friends stayed at the St Paul (which btw, they love and go back to every year) and we had trouble finding it at first. It is a short little street in a great location!
It is convenient and near everything.

Lesli Aug 26th, 2003 09:11 AM

www.pagesjaunes.fr/

There's a British flag in the upper right corner if you need English. Click on Photos de Villes/Photos of Cities. Enter the address in which you're interested. You'll get a picure and map, including metro stops, and have the ability to "walk" up and down the street, around the corner, etc. A great way to get a feel for any neighborhood.

kathyl Aug 26th, 2003 09:21 AM

We also stayed at the St. Paul a couple of years ago and liked both the hotel and the location. Very central location in the 6th. We also tried Polidor (which is right next to the St. Paul) and Bouillion Racine--both were excellent. Polidor is much less expensive but very homey.

plasticgeek Aug 26th, 2003 09:52 AM

Dear All-
These are all wonderful suggestions and hints&tips! I will check out some of the hotels but will definately be staying in that area...YOU ARE ALL ROCKSTARS in my eyes! I'll keep you all updated to all the adventures. ;)

Kind regards,
Jason

SharonG Aug 26th, 2003 12:44 PM

I stayed at the hotel Clos Medicis on that street. Very easy to get around. Crepe stand very close which I'm sorry to say, I frequented often. Can second the recommendations for Polidar. Had a wonderful tarte tatin there that I am still dreaming about.

KirRoyale Aug 26th, 2003 03:52 PM

Stayed at the St. Paul on rue M. le Prince last November. Found the area very convenient to everything (especially convenient to the pastries at Dalloyau!). And yes - Polidor is wonderful.

Shilo Aug 27th, 2003 07:47 AM

The discussion here raises good memories from our honey-moon in St. Paul hotel 12 y ago. We are back in Paris in mid-October. Unfortunately St Paul hotel seems to be booked out for our arrival dates.
Any body here can advise on another hotel in this area that will give us a similar good experience?