Aberdeen and Edinbourgh Scotland Hotels

Apr 14th, 1999, 12:56 PM
Priscilla

Aberdeen and Edinbourgh Scotland Hotels

Will be traveling there in June and need a hotel centrally located that isn't too expensive. Want to see local life, etc. Any suggestions?

Apr 14th, 1999, 01:14 PM
Sheila

In Aberdeen, try the Brentwood in Crown Street 01224 595440 or the Douglas in Market St. (number not to hand) Most of the central hotels (with the exception of the Caledonian which is F for expensive) are a bit iffy. The Douglas is a chain- Stakis and is right off the main drag. The Brentwood is a good independent.

Or you could go slightly further out and try the Ferryhill, which is also independent and has a local (Middle class) market 01224 590867.

If they are too dear you will have to come down to a guest house or move to somewhere mor characterful out of town (which is what I would do)

Aberdeen is a dear place to stay becasue of the oil industry. Cheap rates are hard to find. We have what one friend of mine calls "Aberdeen added tax"

Apr 14th, 1999, 01:15 PM
Sheila

In Aberdeen, try the Brentwood in Crown Street 01224 595440 or the Douglas in Market St. (number not to hand) Most of the central hotels (with the exception of the Caledonian which is F for expensive) are a bit iffy. The Douglas is a chain- Stakis and is right off the main drag. The Brentwood is a good independent.

Or you could go slightly further out and try the Ferryhill, which is also independent and has a local (Middle class) market 01224 590867.

If they are too dear you will have to come down to a guest house or move to somewhere mor characterful out of town (which is what I would do)

Aberdeen is a dear place to stay becasue of the oil industry. Cheap rates are hard to find. We have what one friend of mine calls "Aberdeen added tax"

Apr 14th, 1999, 02:39 PM
Sue

Hi, last year my sister and I stayed at the Ibis Hotel, at the time was brand new. It's on Hunter Square, was about $40.00 per person. Have a fun trip!!!

Apr 14th, 1999, 05:08 PM
Karen

We have stayed at Mount Royal on Princes Street in Edinburgh. It is a large tourist hotel, next door to Jenner's, a perfectly gorgeous department store with high quality goods. We love the location, good price and the restaurant overlooks Princes Street. Rooms on the front of the hotel are noisy, so I would request rooms in the back. Can't beat the location for getting around town.

Apr 15th, 1999, 02:09 AM
Mhairi

In Aberdeen, Try the Mannofield Hotel (Corner of Anderson Drive and Gt Western Road) Small, friendly place and reasonably priced. All along Gt Western Road (5 mins walk from centre) are dozens of good Guest Houses and Bed & Breakfast Accommodation.

Apr 17th, 1999, 01:46 PM
Fred

Try the Angus region and stay in Montrose. Not as affected by the oil and a beautiful place.

The Limes Guest House
15 King Street, Montrose, Angus
DD10 8NL
Email:
[email protected]
Tel: 01674 677236

Singles from 19

Doubles from 17