Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Aanyone rented the studios from Our Home In Paris Apartments?

Nov 12th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Original Poster

Hello. I'm looking into apartments for my brother and his wife, and these two studios look very nice. They're both in the St. Paul area of the 4th, one on rue Charlemagne and the other on rue St. Paul.

Two questions: has anyone stayed here, or had experiences with this company? I know that I saw something written up not too long ago, but I can't find it.

Second question: good area? markets, restaurants? I don't remember if we walked this far or not...

Thank you, as always!
Nov 13th, 2007, 02:21 AM

I stayed in the Rue Charlemagne studio last June, and found Jim Braude absolutely wonderful to deal with. Nothing was too much trouble, I picked up the keys from a hotel just a block away, and if there are any problems, the hotel people will deal with them promptly.
The studio is air conditioned, very comfortable, and is serviced I think from memory twice a week, with clean towels and sheets etc, and plenty of shampoos, soaps, toilet paper etc.
Rue Charlemagne is just off Rue St Paul, and there is a Monoprix close by, also a Nicholas(wine shop), lots of bakeries, and fruit markets etc.
I would have no hesitation in renting from the company again,and would go back to the same studio, loved the area.
Nov 13th, 2007, 02:36 AM

In June, we rented the gorgeous two bedroom, two bath apartment from Our Home in Paris. As skylark stated, Jim is a pleasure to deal with and having the hotel provide concierge services is an added bonus. We were extremely happy with our stay and highly recommend this company. The St Paul area is terrific with lots of interesting shops and restaurants and transportation is quite easy. You will love it!

Peg
Nov 13th, 2007, 05:14 AM

Another Jim Braude fan chimes in. My mom and sisters and I rented the two-bedroom in July and had a wonderful experience renting from Dr. Braude, working with the hotel/concierge, and staying in the apartment itself.

Having stayed twice in the 7th, this area was new to me, but very enjoyable. There are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance. Nearby, there is a huge food market on Sunday mornings along Blvd. Richard Lenoir. There are terrific take-out places along Rue Saint Antoine, as well as some decent supermarkets. You have a choice of nearby Metro stops, and you can walk to many sights as well.

I would stay there again, as people say here in the South, in a New York minute. I only wish we could have stayed there longer; a week was not enough.
Nov 13th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much! Glad to hear that not only is the studio nice, but the area is exactly what first-time visitors to Paris would appreciate. I will pass on your good words to my brother and hopefully he can rent from them.