Search

AA miles for hotel in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 04:30 PM
OO
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AA miles for hotel in Paris

Has anyone had issues using air miles for hotel rooms in Paris (or anywhere)? I'm concerned when I find in one case the hotel's website (Relais Saint Germain) shows no availability for our dates, but AA does show availability for the same dates using air miles. This will be the last 3 days of a two week trip, and I suspect we'll be tired and in no mood for snafus...as if you ever are!
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 08:07 PM

Try calling the AA help desk. If you are one of the elite travelers, make sure you use the telephone # for your status.

Let us know what happens.

AA million miler.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:42 AM

I haven't ever tried to do that, but is AA like most places that are not the actual hotel where you can try to book something but they could come back and say it wasn't available? I cannot believe that AA can keep minute to minute accurate availability on any individual hotel like that.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
OO
Original Poster

I don't know Christina--this is our first time using it too. The hotel was not on the list today, so I suspect it was sold out yesterday, lending credibility to your theory on that website not necessarily being current.

I've spent almost the entire day on this and am more than ready for a big glass of wine, tho my head is spinning even before taking a sip! Made the mistake of cross-checking reviews on AAdvantage with those on Trip Advisor, and know better. Even Le Crillon gets raked over the coals by some on TA. Our hotel in Annecy at least, has no terrible reviews and only a few "poor", well above what I'm finding in Saint Germain hotels!

We are not elite rastaguytoday....except in the way I use my credit card, amassing points.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 03:44 PM

Can't help with your AA miles issues, but we stayed in Relais Saint Germain in March and enjoyed it very much.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
OO
Original Poster

Well, I had a glass of wine, relaxed, got sick of stewing over it and just booked Hotel de Buci. Finis! I <u>love</u> the location!

Relais Saint Germain looked very nice too waterdog, and got great reviews!
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 07:36 AM

We used to stay on rue Jacob, very close to the Hotel de Buci and some friends stayed at the Hotel de Buci one year, when we were there. They were very happy. The neighbourhood is perfect in my opinion and it was for them too. I tried so hard to find a way to live there