A weekend in Tipperary

Feb 6th, 2004, 04:11 AM
Original Poster

A weekend in Tipperary

I have been searching this forum for a good BNB in Tipperary. My husband and I along with my parents will be spending the last weekend in February in Tipperary. We will be leaving Dublin on Sat morning and heading to the Rock of Cashel and Cahir. Then planning on seeing Kilkenny and Glendalough on the way back to Dublin on Sunday.

Does anyone know of any good BNBs central to these locations. I have looked into Lacken House and Fanand House. Both are about 55 Euro/pp. We are looking to stay in a nice BNB in a good town with some nightlife. Hopefully a good restaurant and a Pub for after dinner.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:39 AM

hipp,

As regards Kilkenny, you'll receive much praise from your travel mates by staying at Blanchville House, a 200-year-old Georgian house that's located a short drive from Kilkenny City, in Maddoxtown.

Blanchville's charms and peaceful setting will no doubt compensate (and then some) for your in-town desires. It's a long-time member of the Hidden Ireland group of private heritage houses, and it features superb, warm service in an utterly distinctive setting. It's also very reasonably priced.

See www.blanchville. ie for more information.

Best of luck.
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:27 PM

check www.riverrun.ie

Search this Thread