I am hoping there is some Francophiles out there who can help me. My husband and I are trying to decide where to go on our summer holiday. We only have a week in June and really fancy either the south of France. Ideally we would like to split our week between 2 bases: a few days in a beach resort and a few days in the mountains. For both bases we would like to stay in a really nice town, with a bit of buzz about it - not as big as a city but not too remote - so that if we don’t fancy doing much we have a nice beach/restaurants/cafes etc on our doorstep and still has good connections so that we can take day trips to different places (we would hire a car).
Ideally we would like to go self catering but not sure how feasible this will be if we are only looking for 3 or 4 nights in each place.
Alternatively, is there somewhere you would recommend basing ourselves for the full week which is equally accessible for day trips to the beach and mountains? What about Provence: what town would you recommend – not too big, not too small but with a bit of buzz about it, good selection of restaurants, cafes etc? So many options– how on earth do I narrow it down – help!
Thanks for any advice you can offer! I realise similar questions will have been asked in the forum and I'm off to seek them out but I think I'm getting information overload!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼 중계 ▼ 접속 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 안전한 사이트 ▶ 홈피: pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 Milan airport--which one
- 4 Which Area in London?
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 7 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 8 Visit to France
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 12 family trip to Germany and more
- 13 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 14 Trains - website?
- 15 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 18 Barcelona to Malaga
- 19 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 20 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 21 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 22 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 23 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 24 1st time to Europe
- 25 Paris November 2017