I'd love some advice from you seasoned travelers. I'm spending a week in England visiting relatives at the end of July, early August, and planning to fly from Manchester to Paris to meet a friend who has never been to France. I'm a novice there myself, having only been once - on a tour. We want to see Paris, but also spend some days in the countryside. I think we'll have about 7 days total. Suggestions? There may be three women traveling together by then, with two of us going on to Madrid for a week afterwards. How can we make the most of France in 7 days? Provence seemed like a good idea after a few days in Paris, but is it too far? Should we find a countryside location with easier/shorter access to Paris?
I haven't read a lot of forums yet, so haven't looked at hotels suggestions, or areas of Paris to stay in either, so if you want to throw in a good suggestion for where to stay in Paris, too, that would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Venice Trip?
- 2 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 3 10 Days in Austria
- 4 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 5 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 8 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 9 Le Marche Research Help
- 10 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Greece in end October
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 17 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 18 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 23 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.