A week in Antibes or Hyeres??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A have a choice of staying in Antibes for a week or Hyeres for a week. Which would you choose?
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 03:52 PM

I've never been to Hyeres so can't compare the 2. But to get a decent response, it might help to know <i>when</i> you're going, what you want to do (sightsee vs veg on a beach), Will you travel around? Will you have a car? I'd happily stay in Antibes for a week but not in August.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

I will be there from June 26 until July 3. I am not sure whether I will rent a car or not. I thought I might attend morning classes to study French since I will be there for a week on my own.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 05:04 AM

Janet, it appears few if any Fodorites have stayed in Hyeres. I did a text search &amp; found some unanswered threads dating back years! So, suggestions-look at the website provencebeyond.com &amp; search info on Hyeres there. They also have a message board but not sure how active it is. Also,I've seen mention here of other message boards for France (try search, can't remember which ones).

If you're going from the US &amp; flying into Nice, it's fairly easy to get to Antibes. Not sure of the best travel plan to Hyeres. I'd also wonder about Hyeres as more of a family destination since there seems to be some sort of amusement park thing in/nearby &amp; there's lots of camping grounds nearby.

Antibes is a lovely place &amp; reasonably central to tour the area. It also happens to have great beaches if you just want to veg. That said, people have mentioned Bormes les Mimosa &amp; Ile de Porquerolle, both near Hyeres as lovely places.