It starts with a spark,
The spark becomes a dream.
Then with focus and a little
serendipity the dream becomes reality.
I know this cocktail,
it's one that gives me
a life well lived
~standing in front of breathless wonders~
This spark comes
on an ordinary day while eating,
mindlessly thumbing thru
a Budget Travel magazine,
my eyes rest upon
Two sisters, their Mother
walking the white ribbon roads
No cars, traveling only by feet
with plenty of nature and at the end of each day
good food, drink and cheer.
that instant, sitting at my table,
began the foaming up of a dream and
the questions that would not lie still began.
Could I do this?
Could I find someone to do it with?
How can I NOT do this?
How can I not say yes to standing in front of breathless wonder?
So an adventure is made up.
The planning nearly as fun as and much longer than the journey.
Eventually this adventure becomes;
Myself and 2 companions
would fly to Rome,
immediately take a train to
Orvieto for 3 nights to get over jet lag.
Train to Siena for an overnight before we
begin the walking tour for 8 days,
Then on to new discoveries;
Florence for 5 days,
4 days in Switzerland to visit
a hometown friend who lives there now;
and finishing with a quick layover in London,
with just enough time to get a taste of the city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800:681:7208 Password Reset Contact AOL Tec*h Sup0rt baba!
- 2 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 3 Current plan for March trip
- 4 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 5 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 6 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 7 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 8 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 9 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 10 beware of robbed in Milan
- 11 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 12 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 15 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 16 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 17 First time in Spain
- 18 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 19 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 20 Once upon a time in Italy
- 21 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 22 GTG Paris December 2017
- 23 Paris November 2017
- 24 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
It starts with a spark,