Romantic restaurant in Prague??

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romantic restaurant in Prague??

for bf 30th birthday....doesn't need to be super posh but if there are some posh ones that are really romantic budget can probably stretch if its really special...grateful for any ideas. Not keen on outside dining as weather will probably be too cold

thanks in advance
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 06:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
there is a lovely restaurant inside the municipal hall - we ate in the basement as we were on a budget but the main restaurant looked vey swish.

here's the link: http://www.francouzskarestaurace.cz/en

the whole building is well worth a look - it's all art nouveau.

also the restaurant attached to the opera house was very elegant and serves much lighter food than that normally on offer in Prague - but i see that it is now shut. shame.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:09 AM

This one is outdoors, but the tables have overhead heaters and sheepskins on the chairs. I do not recall the name but it is very easy to find - it is on Kampa Island at the foot of the Charles bridge, you can't miss it. From there the evening views of Prague are beautiful. Another restaurant on Kampa is at #14 or 15. I am not sure if it would be called romantic, but the ambiance was very nice with excellent food at a good price. If you go there, be sure to order the strudel for dessert - they do an elegant presentation. I think I have some photos of the latter place - I will post them later if I find them so you can judge for yourself.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

ohh these both look quite nice, thank you bot for the suggestions, it is our first time to Prague so quite looking forward to it. The kampa one would be quite nice with the heaters

The hall one also looks good...ohh so many choices!

thanks again
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM

for more traditional fare, the restaurant in the basement of the municipal hall is excellent - we had roast goose plus trimmings at a very reasonable price. [that was between Christmas and New year, so it might still be available while you are there].

how long are you staying in Prague?
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

we are off for 4 nights only unfortunately (not till October- i am like the earliest planner ever!!- just love reading about places we might end up going to)

It appears like a mix between Brughes and Paris to me but i'm probably completely wrong...
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM

It appears like a mix between Brughes and Paris to me but i'm probably completely wrong...>>

mmm - i think that you are. no canals for a start. lots of beer though [so a passing resemblance to Bruges] and lovely art nouveau buildings, plus the river, [a bit like Paris] the castle [definitely not like Paris or Bruges] and the remnants of the communist era and the war -all very interesting.

your 4 nights will whiz by.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

haha .... i was meaning its pretty/fairly tale like (like bruges) but has the grander architecture land riverside setting like Paris...but you are right i'm not

yes we are planning on visiting the communist museum, we here its quite good.

yeah...i know we booked "no 46" prague, a flat in the vihnorady district, so hopefeully get to see a bit of non central prague too.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

"hear" even, my spelling is terrible on here!! i need to look at the screen occasionally!