On the week of 6/18, we (a family of 3 adults) will be traveling from Bern to Zweisimmen by train (have to switch train at Spiez), then we will take the GoldenPass Panoramic scenic train from Zweisimmen to Montreux, and then take the regular train to Lausanne. I have some questions concerning our luggage, which would be around 2-3 big bags and 2-3 carry-on bags. Do we need to check the luggage since we are going to take the GoldenPass scenic train? If so, how does it work? Does it work like the airport system, that we would check the luggage at the Bern station, and then claim them at the Lausanne train station? Are the bags guarded at the destination train station?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 6 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 7 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 8 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 9 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 10 Scotland ideas
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 13 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 14 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 17 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 22 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 23 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 24 paris to london- day trip
- 25 Planning a Poland itinerary
A question about checked luggage from the Bern rail station to Lausanne