Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   A new ?! Greece/Turkey itinerary, what do you think (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/a-new-greece-turkey-itinerary-what-do-you-think-302996/)

Marko Apr 2nd, 2003 01:25 AM

A new ?! Greece/Turkey itinerary, what do you think

Some revisions based upon your suggestion, one day added in total, your thoughts please.<BR>DAY 1 : AUSTRALIA TO ATHENS <BR>DAY 2 : ATHENS <BR>DAY 3 : ATHENS<BR>DAY 4 :TO SANTORINI BY AIR<BR>DAY 5 : SANTORINI <BR>DAY 6 : santorini<BR>DAY 7 : SANTORINI/MARMARIS/BODRUM (ferry)<BR>DAY 8 : BODRUM<BR>DAY 9 : BODRUM/KUSADASI<BR>DAY 10 : KUSADASI/PAMUKKALE/HIERAPOLIS<BR>DAY 11 : KUSADASI/SELCUK/EPHESUS/ <BR>DAY 12 : KUSADASI TO CANNAKALE<BR>DAY 13 : CANNAKALE/Gallipoli<BR>DAY 14 : CANNAKALE TO ISTANBUL (car)<BR>DAY 15 : ISTANBUL<BR>DAY 16 : ISTANBUL<BR>DAY 17 : ISTANBUL TO CAPPADOCIA (plane)<BR>DAY 18 : CAPPADOCIA<BR>DAY 19 : CAPPADOCIA to ISTANBUL(plane)<BR>DAY 20 : ISTANBUL <BR>DAY 21: ISTANBUL TO AUSTRALIA<BR>

Marko Apr 2nd, 2003 02:52 PM

Marko Apr 3rd, 2003 01:21 AM

That bad eh ??

banu Apr 3rd, 2003 02:38 AM

Hi Marko,<BR><BR>You've forgotten to put it under TURKEY.<BR>It is not that bad but I haven't travelled with the ferry so it may be too long and boring.<BR>Also Turkey trip you have lots to see and drive a lot in a very short time so I hope that you and the kids don't get tired and sick.(Only 2 days for Istanbul?)<BR>Where are you going to stay in Gallipoli?<BR><BR>Good Luck!<BR><BR>Banu<BR>

Marko Apr 3rd, 2003 01:56 PM

Banu,<BR>We actually spend 4 nights and three full days in Istanbul. We will probably stay in Cannakale and do Gallipoli as a long day trip. Limited time frames always mean a bit of hurrying but we always set aside days of nothing !!

mzani Apr 3rd, 2003 10:11 PM

There is no direct ferry link from Santorini to Marmaris or Bodrum.<BR><BR>You should try to reach Kos island from Santorini, and then an other ferry from Kos to Marmaris

Marko Apr 4th, 2003 04:12 AM

thank you...invaluable information!

Marko Apr 6th, 2003 08:34 PM

Is Kos worth a day ??

7dave May 1st, 2003 01:25 PM

You could also fly from Santorini to Rhodes, which is definitely worth a day, and then take a (short) ferry ride to Marmaris.

cparris May 1st, 2003 01:44 PM

Koa ia ok. I liked Samos also which is a short boat ride from kusadasi. Be careful what you eat and drink in Turkey. I would personally spend less time in Cannakale and add another Greek island.

Marko May 5th, 2003 04:10 PM

good idea !! I didn't think about the direct flight to Rhodes !!

toursturkey May 17th, 2003 06:29 AM

Hi Marko,
You can not find direct ferry from Santorini to Bodrum.
There is a ferry from Kos to Bodrum.
daily at 16:30
It takes about half an hour.

There is a ferry from Rhodes to Marmaris
daily at 15:30

It takes about 1 hour.

Have a nice holiday
www.toursturkey.com

brotherleelove2003 May 17th, 2003 12:14 PM

If you're going to Canakkale, be sure to take a side trip out of town to Truva, &quot;Ancient Troy&quot;. This is real history. It is a short bus ride away from Canakkale. You can walk through it in a couple of hours.