Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

A MUST SEE!!! A TRAVEL SLIDESHOW OF YOUR FAV COUNTRY... AS A SCREESAVER!

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 02:47 AM
Gloria

Hello! You all know how much I love great travel pictures. Well, a friend turned me on to site that he has used for a couple of years. It acts as a screensaver by creating a slideshow on your computer screen! The pictures are beautiful!
All you have to do is download the program and they will send you new pictures all the time, automatically!
For all us travel addicts you can enjoy new sites all the time! This url is for Italy, but they offer many countries.
The website is:http://www.webshots.com/search/searc...=1&cl=1&page=9
I think you will enjoy this as much as I have!
Let me know what you think!
Gloria

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 03:23 PM
sally

Gloria: I LOVE IT!!! just downloaded the program and enjoyed looking at the pics of Italy and choosing one for my screensaver. Thanks, Sally

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 03:51 PM
Gloria

Sally,
I loved the Italy pictures (and the England, Portugal, France...). Now, when I can't be on Fodor's, at least I can be reminded of our lovely trips and the places I have yet to see.
I am still playing with it. But, I think I will have 9 photos that change every 20 seconds, and then, have the group of 9 change daily. Apparently, you can set up many collections of favorite pictures so they change everyday. Plus, you can have the company send you the latest pictures (Italy, for example)on a daily basis.
Thanks for responding. It's nice to hear someone is using this.
Gloria

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 04:00 PM
Elsa

I typed in exactly what you posted,Gloria, but I can't get the webshots. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 05:17 PM
Elsa

Gloria,

Please disregard my previous question, b/c I finally got the webshots (don't know what I did wrong initially). WHAT a site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting us know about it.