a little late-trip update/review

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of you might remember my planning my parent's trip to europe a while back. I am happy to report that their trip was a success and I could not have done it without your great suggestions. They went to Rome, Venice and Paris and had the time of their lives, never bored in one place as they feared and they came back with plenty of gifts and a brand new desire to continue travelling!!
They stayed at Hotel Suite Dreams in Rome, and I must say the service beyond surpassed their expectations-they had a mercedes pick them up and set up a bouquet of flowers, chilled wine and fruit to welcome them into Rome (it was their 30th weddign anniversary) all at no extra cost-well the driver was a charge but the rest theu did themselves.
I had to communicated a few times with my parents and they were nothing but overly helpful the entire time. Location was perfect and my parents had never felt more welcomed and at home at any hotel. I cannot say more about them, incredible staff who even e-mailed me personnally.

Second they stayed at Hotel Becher in Venice, again great little spot, clean rooms, good service. In paris they stayed at Hotel Familia, here they found the service/friendliness of the staff nowhere in comparison to Italy, they enjoyed Paris, they had signed up for one of those free volunteer given tours of Paris and enjoyed it tremendously, they also did moulin rouge, eiffel tower, louvre, the palace and even did a day trip to Bruges (extended their stay in the end). SO overall the trip-planned last minute and with small budget-turned out magnficently. Thanks to all those who supported this idea in its planning stages.
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 07:36 AM
yk

mia - Glad to hear it went well. We were all anxiously waiting here to see what happened!
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 08:42 AM

Your post sure brought a smile to my face Sounds like a great trip, and I love hearing about people who discover their travel gene. Are they planning any other trips yet?
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 10:13 AM

Hi Mia,

I'm so glad you posted to let us know your parents' trip was successful. I'm thrilled they had a great time and that they did cut back on the number of places so they could savour their time in Rome, Venice, Brugge, and Paris. Thanks also for the recommendations on hotels, etc.

If anyone wants to read the original post where mia asked for help here's the link.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=35148986
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 10:42 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for the update. It's always fun to hear how things turned out.
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 07:26 AM
LJ

So pleased to hear it went well...for some reason, your original thread is the kind that sticks in the head and kept us wondering how it had all gone for them.
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 12:02 PM

Hi Mia, So glad to hear all went well. Many were wondering.
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 02:19 PM

Hi Mia,

That's great news - thanks so much for posting the report! I'm so glad your parents' trip went so well. And I'm glad to hear they brought you a lot of gifts - you deserve a lot of credit for planning an entire European vacation in just a week or so.

Re: the Italy/Paris service comparison, yeah, I think it's hard for Americans to follow Italian hospitality with French formality.

We're a little like the Italians here... full of superlatives and immediate friendliness. But the French consider that disingenuous and sometimes even disrespectful. So your parents probably got great French service... it just feels a little cold and formal after Italy.

That said, great job in planning!