A list of Prague Hotels---Need Opinions

Oct 14th, 2001, 02:23 PM
Russ

A list of Prague Hotels---Need Opinions

I need opinions on the following Hotels in Prague if you have stayed or seen the hotel. I am a single guy traveling for Holiday and want an inexpensive, simple hotel room in the City Center that is close to transit, night life, bars, cafes ----most likely in Old Town/Stare Mesto or New Town/Nuve Mesto. Suggest other Hotels with information if you can.

--Adante Hotel
--Uzlatych Nuzek
--Salvator Hotel
--U Stare pani Hotel
--Golden Prague Residence
--Metamorphis Hotel
--Konviktska Apartments

Oct 14th, 2001, 04:35 PM
Perseid

Well, I have heard that the Blue Key is good. I have never stayed there, but was planning to.
You can email for info-
The person I had as a contact was
Radmila Valtrova
[email protected]
The website is www.bluekey.cz

I envy your Prague trip-but am re-planning for the Spring.

Oct 14th, 2001, 07:04 PM
Leslie

I'm not quite sure what your price range is when you say "inexpensive", however, the hotels you have mentioned and the Blue Key are closer to the expensive side of the scale. You might try the Bethlem Club which is near the Hotel Metamorphis and very well located. It is less than $50 USD per night for a single, and has received excellent reviews in the Frommers Guide to Prague. You can find the website by just doing a search.

Oct 15th, 2001, 07:56 PM
Deb

Russ, I was there this summer and stayed at Dum U Krale Jiriho which was about $55 per night for a large room with a nice bathroom. I asked for a room on the top floor because I heard it could get noisy. It is above an Irish Pub that was alot of fun and it is very close the Charles Bridge (about 3 minute walk) in Old Town. Highly recommended. Have fun.

Oct 16th, 2001, 02:51 AM
Denise

Also stayed at the Dum U Krale Jiriho 4 years ago. Great location. Room was adequate for the low price we paid. The main thing is to ask for a room either in the back or as Deb said, a top floor. The noise from the pub really got on our nerves.

Denise

Oct 17th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Lou

Hi,
We have stayed at Metamorphis, and we loved it! It is in a great location, but it is not inexpensive. I believe that in high season, rooms were about $125 and suites were about $160 per night. Well, I guess that price is inexpensive compared to the Four Seasons in Prague at $400/ night. For us the suite was well worth it, but we chose to splurge in Prague and go cheap at our other destinations. I have not stayed at any other hotels you asked about. Good luck.

Oct 17th, 2001, 03:33 PM
Sue

Hi,

We stayed at the Hotel Central two years ago. It was a great location, nice rooms with bath, very clean, breakfast included and not expensive. We were there in January, so it was off season. Try a google search for this hotel. I do not have any other information. Have a great trip. Great jazz in Prague.

Sue

Nov 9th, 2001, 10:19 PM
Filip

Hi, I would like to welcome you to our sites www.prague-hotel.cz We are offering over 100 carefully selected (each has some extra value) lodging vacancies in the center of Prague with desription, photos, interactive map and mora. Don t hesitate to ask for any futher information or help. Thank you. Kind regards from Prague Filip