Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

A list of discount sites for airfare & hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2001, 04:26 AM
Susan

Good Morning everyone. I am trying to compile a list of discount web addresses for airfare and hotels. I have a few(most found from this board) but I am sure there are more out there. Does anyone care to share their favorites? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Old May 1st, 2001, 04:44 AM
Stan Tracy

Which ones do you have and Maybe I can add to them

Old May 1st, 2001, 04:48 AM
elaine

Hi <BR>I have these in my files but have not used them so far except for expedia. These are in addition to the airline websites which also have <BR>last-minute and other discounts available. <BR> <BR>www.budgettravel.com includes clicks for bus, ferry, and train travel for countries and cities. Can <BR>submit airfare inquiries to a network of travel agents for advice and quotes <BR>www.eurotrip.com budget travel, esp for backpackers <BR>www.expedia.com Microsoft site for travel discounts, allows for multi-city itineraries <BR>www.travelweb.com/TravelWeb/clickit.html has weekend discounts available on the Monday <BR>before, (same as Expedia) <BR>www.smarterliving.com last minute net fares every Wednesday <BR>www.fare.com links to quotes on air fares <BR>www.bestfares.com requires a paid membership <BR>www.fortunecity.com/oasis/ links to many individual travel web pages <BR>www.lowestfare.com fares, links to info on destinations <BR>www.hoteldiscount.com <BR>www.itn.net/airlines provides itineraries and fares, allows for multi-city itineraries <BR>www.travelocity.com flights, hotels, cruises, information on locations <BR>www.travelscape.com book-it yourself, air fares, hotels, rental cars, simple itineraries are best <BR>www.travelzoo.com clearinghouse for airfare discounts via travel agencies <BR>www.egghead.com travel auctions, mostly packages <BR>www.onsale.com travel auctions same as egghead <BR>www.frommers.com <BR> <BR>

Old May 1st, 2001, 04:56 AM
Susan

Elaine, what a great list. I appreciate you taking the time to help. Stan, the few I had are on Elaine's list. In the past I have had access to free travel - I worked for an airline, lived in Europe for my husband's job, and have a daughter who works for an airline, but she is quitting her job so if I am to continue my passion for travel, I must find "cheap" ways to do so. I am not rich(sigh) and travel is costly. Thanks

Old May 1st, 2001, 05:08 AM
Rex

www.europebyair.com <BR>www.ryanair.com <BR>www.virgin-express.com <BR>www.canada3000.ca <BR> <BR>numerous other airline choices whose websites I don't remember off the top of my head: Buzz, Go, EasyJet <BR> <BR>www.autoeurope.com <BR>www.its-cars-hotels.com <BR>www.kemwel.com <BR> <BR>Logis de France <BR>Gites de France <BR>Charme Relax <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>