a fish fillet the size of yer arm...

Mar 13th, 2002, 11:26 AM
buzz

a fish fillet the size of yer arm...

I was amused a couple of months back to read a posting about a fish’n’chips shop in London on the south side of the River Thames. The poster said that they’d served him a fillet “the size of your arm.” More importantly, he said it was the best he’d ever had. (I have already searched the site with no results.)

Now I find that I’ll be back in London very soon and would like to try this legendary shop and so am writing on the zillion to one chance that poster still reads his Fodor’s. If so, I’m dying to hear about the shop south of the river.

Mar 13th, 2002, 11:36 AM
topper

Simpsons on the Strand. I've topped the thread for you.

Mar 13th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Blanche

any directions or address for SIMPSONS ON THE STRAND? Know of a nearby Tube stop?

Mar 13th, 2002, 11:58 AM
John G

Why would anyone want to eat a fish filet the size of one's arm? How unappetizing. That is why people are so fat, they eat portions that are much too large for them. It always amazes me when I go into a restaurant and people get so happy with big smiles on their faces when their dinner comes and there is so much food that it is falling of of the plate. Why would anyone want to gorge themselves like that? Do they really want to have a heart attack and be dead at 45? We are all super-sizing ourselves into the graveyard.

Mar 13th, 2002, 12:04 PM
tired

Oh shut up, John

Mar 13th, 2002, 12:07 PM
cd

John
We have friends, when ordering entrees like this, he will order the dinner and she will order soup and salad. They then will share. It equals a cheaper bill.

Mar 13th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Barrett

John, you are exactly what is wrong with this site. Please learn to read or go back to your comic books...here is the most telling line in Buzz's posting, apparantly you missed it, or are just amazingly thick.

"More importantly, he said it was the best he’d ever had."

Read that 6 or 7 times, John, then kindly slink back under your rock and leave the rest of us alone.

Mar 13th, 2002, 12:16 PM
kate

For Blanche

The address for Simpson's on The Strand is, er, The Strand.

Mar 13th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Cosmo

John G...a quick study, that lad...

Mar 13th, 2002, 12:48 PM
John G

Barret, no, I am not thick around the middle. Did I hit to close to your spare tire?

Mar 13th, 2002, 12:53 PM
karl

No only thick in the head.This was a pleasant post John, no one needs your input..bitchy is so last year.

Mar 13th, 2002, 01:04 PM
xxx

Can we turn this site into "the Weakest Link" and vote John G. off? Is everyone else tired of his constant bitching and stupid remarks?

Mar 13th, 2002, 01:10 PM
let john live

-
No, xxx. Let's not turn this into the 'Weakest Link' or 'Survivor'. Sounds like you've got your own panties in a twist!

Mar 13th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Bill

OK, I have to take a shot a John too. Let's see, now he's the diet police, will he soon join the grammar and spelling police....or perhaps he should lecture us on religion? We all must be more like John for he is the master of our race. All hail John!!!

OK, now back to reality.

Bill

Mar 13th, 2002, 01:39 PM
mt

Being that most humans are guilty of not practicing what they preach I am interested in seeing pictures of John G - full monty or sans full monty so we can determine if he's super sized or not. So how about John G.?
I've seen plenty of over weight people at the gym who continue to be overweight even though they go to the gym. Why? Who knows.

Personally - I belive more is more. Less is less.

Mar 13th, 2002, 01:48 PM
good

Less is more==that sounds good-let's have LESS of JohnG.

Mar 13th, 2002, 02:44 PM
lord of the flies

-
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Once again an innocent thread has been hi-jacked and a fodorite feeding frenzy initiated. Do you all feel better now? Or do we need further venting against John G? More barbs??? Time for the monitors to break up the schoolyard fight .......

Mar 13th, 2002, 03:03 PM
something

Poor Johnny G. It's those wildly askew hormones of his. It was a tad bit of comic relief until the 3rd sentence. He just doesn't know when to stop.

That sort of bitchy gay temper thing is so not done anymore. Besides who ever got fat eating fish.

Mar 13th, 2002, 03:04 PM
XXX

HE STARTED IT. HE ALWAYS STARTS IT.

Mar 13th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Ben Haines

Simpsons in the Strasnd are over a century old, expensive, and traditional. It is hard to believe that they serve fish and chips, use the word "yer",or emphasise quantity.

Ben Haines

Search this Thread