Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   A FABULOUS APARTMENT IN VENICE (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/a-fabulous-apartment-in-venice-210051/)

Mary Nov 25th, 2001 04:46 PM

A FABULOUS APARTMENT IN VENICE

On our recent trip to Venice we stayed in this fabulous apartment. It's in Dorsoduro, located between the Accademia and Guggenheim in a quiet residential location but still only 2 minutes from the Accademia vaporetto stop. We'd found this apartment after weeks of research on the internet and it is a real find. You're dealing directly with the owner - Lamberto Deho (rather than a distant and impersonal agency). He's a charming man (an architect & yachtsman) and is a delightful host. The apartment is above his home and office (so has excellent security) and it also means he's on hand for any problems. The apartment is quiet, modern and very light with a small well equipped kitchen area, great bathroom, living room, dining table and queen sized bed. There's heating and a ceiling fan. Absolutely ideal for 2 although you could sleep 4 (2 on the fold out sofa) if needed. At 1,400,000 lira per week it's a real bargain. You can look at the apartment at http://www.world-world.com/properties/it-foscarini.htm

xxxxxx Nov 25th, 2001 06:38 PM

Nice try Mary<BR>Mary=Lamberto Deho<BR>NO ADVERTISING

Surlok Nov 25th, 2001 06:48 PM

xxxxx,<BR><BR>Before making assumptions, you should have checked the other posts by Mary, with a handfull of wealth information about Venice sight seeing, Venice food, that have been much appreciated by other readers.<BR><BR>So, if you can't come out with something better, you owe Mary some apologies!<BR><BR>S

justwondering Nov 25th, 2001 07:33 PM

Does the apartment have a TV?

Mary Nov 25th, 2001 10:15 PM

THIS IS NOT ADVERTISING!!! (and if you're not prepared to put your email address on a post - what can I say!) I am from Australia and have NO FINANCIAL INTEREST IN THIS OR ANY OF THE OTHER THINGS I'M RECOMMENDING. <BR>Yes the apartment has a TV - although not cable.

Dale Nov 26th, 2001 08:54 AM

Just visited the website for the apartment and realized that this is where we stayed for Carnivale last year. It was a good place with a famous baccaro downstairs. Would do it again. Ciao.

Thyra Nov 26th, 2001 10:39 AM

Mary, thanks for taking the time to post. Unfortunately a few unscrupulous posters have advertised in the past and consequently the strong reaction from other posters.<BR>Again, it was very nice of you so take the time to post this place, we shall look into it when next we visit Venice.

Mary Nov 26th, 2001 12:09 PM

Re Dales Post - there's no bacaro downstairs at this apartment- there are however 2 just around the corner.

Dale Nov 27th, 2001 05:47 AM

As I recall, the bacarro (around the corner) is three or so floors below the apartment either in the same building or adjacent thereto. BTW, the bacarro is a wonderful watering spot around 7 pm. Wall to wall revelers. Ciao.

Patrick Nov 27th, 2001 07:30 AM

Checked the website and it is indeed interesting. More attractive and charming than any others I've looked at on the web. Is that a walk-in shower I see in the picture instead of a tub with one of those horrible hand-held jobs? The bed looks really small. Is it really a queen size or just a double? And is it comfortable with no box springs?

Mary Nov 27th, 2001 01:37 PM

It is a walk in shower with a proper shower rose. There is no bath. The bed does look small - we were a bit apprehensive - but it is a Queen size. it is an inner-spring mattress on a solid base. it's on the firm side.<BR><BR>Dale - we must be talking about 2 different apartments. there is no bacaro in this buiding or in any adjoining buidling - its a small 2 storey building with just the apartment and Signor Deho as residents - he owns the entire buiding and works from home. The bacaro I was talking about is around 2 corners on the Calle Nuova. The apartment is off Piscina Venier/ Picina San Agnese - hope this clears this up!

Venicebound Nov 27th, 2001 01:56 PM

I wonder if that's the same apartment I looked at last year. What does this Mr. Deho look like? The guy I met looked too young to own property and a yacht.

Mary Nov 27th, 2001 09:53 PM

Mr Deho would be about mid fifties.

Beth Nov 27th, 2001 11:26 PM

Mary, Only misgiving is the bed looks really tiny and not very strong. Is it available all year.<BR>Does anyone else have an apartment to recommend. Have been to Venice 6 times but never stayed in one.

Dale Nov 28th, 2001 09:45 AM

Mary: There must, indeed, be two identical apartments in Dorsoduro. I rented mine from the people at Hotel Byron (Lido). It is owned by the Franzi family and is located at Calle Larger Nanni 988. It is on the third or fourth floor and there is a very popular bacaro (sp?) within a hundred meters, around the corner. The Hotel Byron's number (from the US) is 011 39 0421 371023. It was an enjoyaable place. What a coincidence!

Mary Nov 28th, 2001 02:49 PM

Beth, its definately a Queen sized bed and not at all flimsy- the photo is very deceptive. As far as the apartment being available all year - I don't know I'm afraid - but I expect it is. There's an email link on the apartments web site - so just ask!!

Dean Nov 28th, 2001 07:29 PM

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/pages/doc01447.htm<BR><BR>This is the URl for the apartment we have stayed in twice. Very nice. Well equiped kitchen, very quiet. In the Pescaria Rialto area but no fish smell in the apartment. Tiny terrace where we had many a lovely meal. I wonder if my sock is still on the roof below where it fell from the clothes line?<BR><BR>Only $750 last time. Near Do Mori and Da Pinto which are both great places to eat!<BR><BR>