A DAY IN ZURICH

Sep 4th, 2002, 08:57 AM
SALLY

A DAY IN ZURICH

I will be arriving in Zurich on a Monday at 11AM. My next flight will be at 850PM that same evening. Does anyone have a days sightseeing itinerary or any other suggestions ? I was thinking about just wondering around Old Town Really have no time for museums but do want to get the "flavor" of the city.
Any suggestions for an inexpensive "nontourist" restaurant? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Sep 4th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Ursula

Sally, I topped the other thread for you (Zurich in 6 hours).

You'll find some of my favs there.
If you should be a little tired, take the city tour with the old fashioned trolley. Will give you an overview. Also includes a stop on the lakeside.
Other than that, don't miss the Chagall windows at the Fraumuenster Church, the small streets off Bahnhofstrasse such as Kuttelgasse, Augustinergasse, Storchengasse, etc. Much more interesting than the Bahnhofstrasse wich is full of shops you'll find anywhere in this world.
In my opinion, there isn't such a thing like 'tourist' restaurants. You'll find locals about anywhere.
Typical is the Zeughauskeller or the Kropf (both close to Paradeplatz), and just a little noisy, when full.
If the weather is fine, take a short trip on the lake. 1.5 hours or so. Very relaxing after a flight.
Have fun!

Sep 4th, 2002, 10:47 AM
SALLY

Thanks Ursula. Its my first time on Fodors... how considerate of you to top the other message for me. Looking foreward to my short visit to Zurich

Sep 4th, 2002, 12:36 PM
yummy

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, and then some more chocolate...ah my god it is the best in the world. Eat some chocolate. Eat lots of chocolate. Did I mention chocolate?

Sep 5th, 2002, 11:49 AM
xxx

Lindt & Sprüngli Café on Paradeplatz... HERE I COME!!!!

Sep 16th, 2002, 05:39 PM
rlr

I just topped a thread for you "7 hour layover in Zurich"

Search this Thread