A Day at the Paris Mosque Hammam

Aug 30th, 2001, 07:19 AM
Sally

A Day at the Paris Mosque Hammam

I am thinking of making a reservation here. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the experience is like? Thanks in advance.

Aug 30th, 2001, 07:52 AM
ALW

No, but I read a great article about them a couple years ago and have been intrigued ever since -- I hope somebody with real experience can enlighten us!

Aug 31st, 2001, 05:38 AM
anon

I think that they alternate men and women/s days. Call first.

Aug 31st, 2001, 07:26 AM
kelly

Yes they do alternate days, unfortuntely I don't have the info with me right now about which days are which... Also, I don't think you need reservations, I just walked in a got a package treatment. Expect to be there for a few hours, it was a very nice experience. As for what happens, you go in (underware or bikini bottoms required) and shower off. Then you can spend some time in the steam room pouring hot or cold water over yourself, or jump in the small pool (it was so hot in this room it burned my skin before I got to the pool, so I can't rememeber if the pool is hot or cold). Then you wait to get a "gommage" which is where a woman will use a mit to scrub all the grime and dead skin off you. Back to the steam rooms or finish off with a nice massage. Have fun! They also have an excellent tea room that is not to be missed!

Sep 4th, 2001, 05:52 AM
Jim

This sounds liek a great way to spend a day. Does anyone have the phone number or the address?

Sep 4th, 2001, 07:17 AM
Ursula

Jim:
Hammam de la Mosquée, 29-31, Rue Geoffroy-Saint-Hilaire, 5th arr. Métro: Jussieu, or Censier-Daubenton.
Tel. 01 43 31 18 14.
Ladies: Mon, Wed and Sat 11 am to 8 pm.
Men: Tue 10 am to 8 pm, Fri 11 am to 8 pm.
Entrance fee: FF FF 63.- (maybe a little more now).
Details taken from my Paris guide book. I hope details are still ok.

Feb 17th, 2002, 01:23 AM
topper

topping

Feb 17th, 2002, 07:37 AM
pegdom

Thanks for all the info, & to you to topper. But what about an American going there, considering world events? Should I be concerned, or no? Thank you.

Feb 19th, 2002, 09:25 AM
kelly

ttt

Feb 19th, 2002, 11:34 PM
Margarita

I've been and it is out of this world. Saturdays are women's day and I felt as if I was in a harem being prepared for the Sultan. Be prepared to spend a few hours. I did a package that cost approx. $50 and included entree, grommage, massage, and tea. I wore my panties but noticed other women wearing nothing or the same. Most everyone had a little see-thru light sarong. They will rent you a towel and thongs if you don't have with you. It's a must on my list whenever I visit Paris.
Margarita