Reload this Page >

A blanket of snow in Tuscany right now?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 01:11 PM
CindyK

Hi Everyone, <BR> <BR>I just heard that Tuscany is covered in a blanket of snow today on the radio. They said that this is very unusual, so maybe it will melt quickly away. <BR>We're leaving on our trip to Italy in 17 days. I'm hoping the snow is gone by then? <BR>Is anybody on this board in Tuscany right now, and can you confirm this? This will certainly change my packing plans. I was hoping for fluke weather in the other direction (like 80 degree days) instead. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>CindyK

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 02:50 PM
mari

I spoke to a friend in Florence about 3 days ago day. I was complaining about the cold and snowy winter in the Boston area and she said it was snowing at that time in Florence and that it was very unusual.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 03:14 PM
Lesli

It snowed while I was in Florence a couple of years ago in November - mainly the hills surrounding the city. Florence is not equipped to deal with snow very well because it is fairly uncommon, and taxis were having a hard time getting around. It also felt *very* cold and damp, so although I hope it warms up for you, I recommend you take warm gloves and a scarf. (They don't take up much room in your luggage, and will make a big difference in keeping you comfortable if it is still wintery weather.)

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 05:24 PM
Judy

I was in Siena last week,it snowed one day,just couple inches,nothing for people from Canada, butI saw some people really bundled up.The snow was gone next day, it was about 5 degree C. a bit damp but still nice to walk around. It is better to prepare in all kind of weather.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 05:37 PM
flash

<BR>********** WEATHER ALERT ********** <BR> <BR>It is winter in the northern hemishpere <BR>until 20 March.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 06:42 PM
CindyK

Dear flash, <BR> <BR>Thanks for the sarcastic weather alert. <BR>I'm aware that it's winter, however that doesn't always mean snow. I've read and heard that snow in Tuscany in March is fairly unusual. <BR>I'm also in the northern hemisphere here in California, and it's never snowed in the 15 years I've lived here...although we are washing away right now with all this rain. <BR>Thanks for everyones responses! <BR>Regards, CindyK