Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   A Bed & Breakfast in Paris (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/a-bed-and-breakfast-in-paris-535732/)

cigalechanta Jun 10th, 2005 07:26 AM

A Bed & Breakfast in Paris

For those who don't know that the Paris visiters board voted to start a B&B site and it is finally up.

http://en.parisinfo.com/paris_hotels...tion=listeSITI

francophile03 Jun 10th, 2005 07:29 AM

Thanks so much for sharing this link!

janemc Jun 10th, 2005 10:09 AM

Thank you. The site has wonderful info., more choices than I ever expected and great rates. Looks like it will take a fair amount of sorting thru to find areas one might want to stay in. You don't hear Fodorites talking much about B&B's they've stayed at in Paris.

cigalechanta Jun 10th, 2005 10:40 AM

I know, I never met anyone who stayed in one but when cocoindijon mentioned hers I thought about the attempt in 2004 to start this directory.
I'll be curious for the first posting from anyone who does book one.

cocofromdijon Jun 10th, 2005 10:40 AM

Hi cigale! would you by any chance have a similar one for London? I'm going there in 2 weeks time and I'm still searching...;;)

Michel_Paris Jun 10th, 2005 10:56 AM

Cigalechanta,
Excellent, I had no idea this existed.
Salutations cordiales,
Mike

Travelnut Jun 10th, 2005 10:57 AM

Do most people like a B&B because they are the gregarious type who like to mingle, converse with host family, etc?

I'm not that type, rather unsociable really - I prefer my privacy and just the necessary 'pleasantries' while pickup up and dropping off the room key.

What are the attractions of a B&B room over a hotel?

cocofromdijon Jun 10th, 2005 10:59 AM

cigale how funny! at the same time!
I have to correct you! mine is not a B&B, you can't see it anywhere(self catering acc.) BUT I provide food for the first breakfast at least, just to help and feel at home when my guests arrive.
In a B&B there is a breakfast room where someone serves you breakfast (english breakfast yum!!!)
and my guestbook is on line... :-)

cigalechanta Jun 10th, 2005 11:12 AM

coco, I found this a minite ago on google!
travelnut. It is how you want it to be.
For instance, I go to the same B&b now for many years on our last night in France so that we are friends as well as paying guests. The husband always greets me with a pastis and we send cards but others have rare contact only when breakfast is served so it is how you want it to be. I also like all the dogs and cats and birds where others are put off. No way is right, be it hotel, B&B, it is what makesz you comfortable. As forme, I'm looking forward to two days on a farm in the Loire as part of this year's trip.

cocofromdijon Jun 10th, 2005 11:30 AM

be careful with pastis! 8-}

cigalechanta Jun 10th, 2005 11:33 AM

Lol, coco I'm been drinking it for years every summer here and there.
"A little too much is just right for me."

cocofromdijon Jun 10th, 2005 11:43 AM

I like pastis but i get drunk so easily, it is terrible! I don't even want to drink wine, and my husband is desperated because there are soooo many wonderful wines in Burgundy. If you know Kir (blackcurrant+ white wine "alligoté") not even half a glass and 8-}
that's why I'm always the driver after dinner at friends' or restaurants.\:D/

Dave_in_Paris Jun 11th, 2005 09:10 PM

Travelnut,

We love bed and breakfasts. Otherwise, we stay in elegant boutique hotels, and pay triple (or more) the price. The b&b advantages are knowledgeable hosts for a bit of restaurant and touring advice, and, usually, much more charming lodgings. The amount of interaction with the host(s) is up to the guest. In the countryside in France, most of the lodgings are well-separated from the hosts' living quarters, often in separate buildings, and the meeting limited to arrival and breakfast the next morning.