Portugal in March

Search

Portugal in March

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Portugal in March

We are thinking about visiting Portugal in mid-March. What is the weather like at that time of the year? Is it a good time? We would have about 8 nights. Where would you recommend that we go?

Thanks,

Clau
Old May 24th, 2011, 10:27 AM

I visited with a friend for a few days in mid March some years ago. The weather was fine - and indeed hot - for most of the time but we had two dreary days. We were told tat there is often a hot spell at htis time preceding showers just after.

Where to go depends to some extent on where you are landing and leaving. Given that information i should be happy to make suggestions.
Old May 24th, 2011, 11:39 AM

We did an 8 day trip last October. We started in Porto and worked our way down to Lisbon. Here's my trip report for ideas: http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...l-portugal.cfm

I had a hard time narrowing down the options to fit reasonably and logistically into 8 days, but I was pleased with our final itinerary. There are definitely other areas that I would have liked to explore, but there just wasn't enough time for that...
Old May 25th, 2011, 01:35 AM

I like Feb/Mar and feel the weather is good. It's mild and most of the time no need for more than a light jacket for the evenings. April however, is the month for rain and it's typically pretty soggy. Just keep a watch on the weather websites before you go.

Read MFNYC's trip report and also one by Jamikins. You'll have more ideas than you can possibly fit into your schedule.

If you plan to stay mostly in Lisbon, I'd recommend staying in one of the historic districts - Barrio Alto, Baixa or Chiado. You'll be able to enjoy the city on foot, have easy access to Tram 28, the train station and cabs. Enjoy your trip.
Old May 30th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! I was thinking about flying into Lisbon and out of Porto or the other way around. Any suggestions?
Old May 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM

Summer is too hot there so you've chosen a good time to rest. Neither too cold nor warm. Have fun